Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
While we definitely need another striker, and probably another CB, as others have said priority has to be 2 midfielders. A couple of midfielders with tons of energy will do wonders and what we have ignored for a decade.

While we definitely need another striker, and probably another CB, as others have said priority has to be 2 midfielders. A couple of midfielders with tons of energy will do wonders and what we have ignored for a decade.
Aside from Doucoure who never stops and Allan when fit we’ve pretty much only had Gueye and it sounds like the plan is to bring him back! With only two in the center we need incredibly hard working disciplined players.

Looks like Gilmour had a decent game for Chelsea tonight.
The problem for the club isn't the quality. It's that he's a square peg that doesn't fit in Tuchel's round hole midfield setup.

With those key players aging, the club is in a really interesting spot. They can try to replace the players, which will be incredibly difficult, or they can try a different setup with or without Tuchel.

Keep the setup, and they're always selling Gilmour. Change it, and he's potentially a huge asset, but then they need to make a lot of other personnel changes.

Depends on Chelsea's business. It'll be a late one for sure.
Don't judge him on how he played at Norwich. See the kind of player he was at Chelsea under Frank. He'll be ace, if he comes.
So in his 2 seasons at Chelsea before the Norwich loan he played in 6 games in his debut season and 5 games the next season. Those are appearances he did not even start all of those. So I will draw my conclusions on his most recent season at Norwich (a side closer to our current level) where he made 35 appearances. The verdict from Norwich fans was that he was awful. Add into the mix that he has been receiving criticism for his recent appearances for Scotland. I think we should keep a wide birth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back