Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we do Cornet, Gilmour and Idrissa

We've had a very good windown and id be very content and surprised we've done that much business.
Gilmour and Gueye I think are both pretty likely, think we will get two more in besides, one a bit of a punt and one a 'big' acquisition that we'll have been working on for ages under the radar

8 would be box to box. Hopefully doing most their work in the attacking third, creating chances & space

6 would screen the defence but be able to take the ball from the CB and pass through the lines
Isn't that what Iwobi was doing towards the end of last season anyway? Attacking central mid that was defending when we didn't have the ball. Not sure there is a plan to use him in any other role is there, apart from maybe out wide if needed.

If we do Cornet, Gilmour and Idrissa

We've had a very good windown and id be very content and surprised we've done that much business.

Agree mate will have been a good window overall. Still a further CB short but Rome wasn't built in a day.

Gana would be a very useful stop gap for 1-2 seasons and Gilmour on loan would at least give us a look at the bhoy before committing any dough towards him. Still would like Gibbs-White but think that ships sailed.

Cornet fits the Bill as a Richy replacement and like McNeil needs to be given a chance if he signs. Only 25 and versatile meaning we wouldn't need to sign a CF if Chelsea play hardball with Broja as he can play across the front 3 if needed.

Gilmour and Gueye I think are both pretty likely, think we will get two more in besides, one a bit of a punt and one a 'big' acquisition that we'll have been working on for ages under the radar

Id really like Cornet mate, think hes a threat and adds to us, my one concern is whether hed get the same platform here he did at Burnley.

I think any thing over another 2 - 3 - we definitely need to move a few on from the squad to cut the wage bill - so i would think anything additional would be dependent.

If we got the three i mention id be very content.

Agree mate will have been a good window overall. Still a further CB short but Rome wasn't built in a day.

Gana would be a very useful stop gap for 1-2 seasons and Gilmour on loan would at least give us a look at the bhoy before committing any dough towards him. Still would like Gibbs-White but think that ships sailed.

Cornet fits the Bill as a Richy replacement and like McNeil needs to be given a chance if he signs. Only 25 and versatile meaning we wouldn't need to sign a CF if Chelsea play hardball with Broja as he can play across the front 3 if needed.

I think it improves us, but i think it gives us much needed options, but most importantly balances the squad out and adds super depth, we were caught so short last year - we have learned i think mate.

Im open mined on Idrissa as a stepping stone who could offere a decent option, was suprised to see Allan last night - i thought he was out for a bit.

That my thinking on Corent, hes a threat, in a number of positions and i think he has underatted quality, looks a very good deal to me.

Id really like Cornet mate, think hes a threat and adds to us, my one concern is whether hed get the same platform here he did at Burnley.

I think any thing over another 2 - 3 - we definitely need to move a few on from the squad to cut the wage bill - so i would think anything additional would be dependent.

If we got the three i mention id be very content.
Even with two or three additional signings, I think the club will be wanting to shed at least one, ideally two, from the squad.

I think we've got to accept that this year we're not going to have the bloated but inefficient squad we had last year and beyond - prudence is key.

For me, it is essential that we bring in a midfielder (Gueye or whoever) and someone who'll offer goals, be that a traditional centre forward or a Cornet style.

Don’t understand the persistent Cornet shouts. Just don’t need him whatsoever. We have Dele, Gordon, Gray, McNeil and Townsend for those wide forward positions.

We need an actual striker, a defensive mid, a proper old school centre mid and if it was Christmas a left-sided CB and cover for Patterson & Coleman.

Exactly, we’ve got 99 problems but a like of wingers ain’t one. No cornet for me.

Nah I’m not buying it. He played in a two and was still wide most of the time. I’m talking about an actual proper striker that can play solo, back to goal, bring others into play, preferably isn’t 5’10” like Cornet.
I know but that is going to cost tens of millions, I don’t think we can afford it.

Isn't that what Iwobi was doing towards the end of last season anyway? Attacking central mid that was defending when we didn't have the ball. Not sure there is a plan to use him in any other role is there, apart from maybe out wide if needed.
Yes, that’s what I was getting at. I can’t see us bringing in another player to do that CM/AM role, no matter how many times people say it (unless maybe Gallagher becomes available and we haven’t already loaned a chelsea player)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back