Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the one I’d be looking at as someone who can step in as a proper 9 but could also play wider if / when Dom is back. He would be a sensible investment even if DCL was fit.

It’s frustrating that we went early on loaning out Simms because even if we didn’t think he was ready to step in at PL level being able to offer Blackburn immediate replacement on loan could’ve sweetened the deal.
Agree . Even if Ben Brereton Díaz didn't work out you would get your money back from a decent Championship side with ambition ( provided his wages with us weren't crazy )

I doubt the manager believed we could get through the season with DCL playing every game and Rondon getting cameo appearances and some cup games as well.

We needed a striker before the injury to DCL and we still need one now.
There are options available, none of them very palatable but the longer we leave it go in the window I think we may be waiting for a specific target to come available. That may be Cornet, Dennis, Broja or somebody not mentioned at all yet.

The manager is trying to put together a squad for the longer term and hopefully his target will be an important player for us for years to come.

Agree . Even if Ben Brereton Díaz didn't work out you would get your money back from a decent Championship side with ambition ( provided his wages with us weren't crazy )
Viktor Gyokeres at Coventry is another who is quite similar to DCL but with a bit more of a ground game, scored a lot of goals last season in a fairly ordinary team, scored an outrageous goal at the weekend and is still fairly young (23/24 i think) I doubt he would cost silly money.

Maybe if we get Gomes and/or Mina's wages off the books (looking unlikely imo) we can splash a little more cash. I didn't really want either of them, but if we're already advanced in negotiations for Cornet or Dennis, I think we might just need to find a way to make it happen. Then get a striker and midfielder on loan. I'm hoping for Broja but depending on what Chelsea wants to do, we could get one player from them and then find another option elsewhere. Based on rumors we've seen so far, let's say hypothetically we can convince Watford to take a small upfront payment for Dennis, get Chelsea to loan us Broja hopefully with an option to buy, and then get someone like Winks in on loan. Would be far from my favorite plan....but would be fantastic considering how things are going at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back