Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems to come a bit out the blue. Especially at over 30m. But him and gueye would transform our midfield.

Have just seen Romano tweeted about Cucurella to Chelsea and Brighton have released a statement saying its not true. Strange for Romano to be called out by a club.
It happened when Bruno got sold to Newcastle too. Lyon came out with a statement saying no agreement was in place. It's all to appease the fans, and might be technically true if every little detail hasn't been sorted. Romano is more likely correct - he tweeted to someone in response that "we will see who lied"

Shame because he looks a cracking talent, but I’m not buying this at all. We surely don’t have that kind of dough otherwise we wouldn’t have spent all summer trying for every player and his dog on the never never. Just ain’t happening.

Also, even if he prefers us to West Ham doesn’t mean we can remotely afford him lol
We don’t really know we can’t afford him, it’s been supposition that we can’t spend the full Richy money, but never really confirmed. We’ve been linked with the guy all summer and a few other guys around the 30m mark so we do at least seem to be shopping for one player in this bracket. Given today’s news I’m not sure this is the best use of 30 though even if that is the budget.

Also to be fair to this kid, he’s gonna be on the bench behind Rice and Soucek. Maybe he’s just quite smart for a footie player as rare as that seems.
True but he'd get exposure in Europe too at West Ham. He'd be the second choice behind both of them. I don't know, I still think it would be a crazy decision on his part. But I always respect when a player values playing time over a team being in a European competition.

We don’t really know we can’t afford him, it’s been supposition that we can’t spend the full Richy money, but never really confirmed. We’ve been linked with the guy all summer and a few other guys around the 30m mark so we do at least seem to be shopping for one player in this bracket. Given today’s news I’m not sure this is the best use of 30 though even if that is the budget.

Yet our most expensive purchase has been £5m up front for £15m McNeil. Until we do serious business any of these £30m+ links are fake to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back