Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not even Everton are stupid enough to spend every last penny on ( a much needed ) new midfield when we also desperately need a striker.

I have no idea where the money is coming from or how the PL are agreeing to it but I have to believe we have a striker lined up even if only on loan.

If we get Gana and Onana there must be exits for Gomes and Allan.

I'd be very surprised if we have more than £30m to spend. I expected us to not quite spend all the Richarlison money. Although we could still bring in a little bit more from other sales which would help. We have also lost a good few high earners in the last 12 months - Tosun, Sigurdsson, James, Bernard, Digne, Richarlison, Delph plus also Kenny, so there is bound savings there.

I would like to think there won't be many issues financially if we run a roughly break even transfer window. That's kind of what I hope for and expected with the big sale of Richarlison.

Not getting my hopes up, but think we will end up with:

Onana
Gueye
Dennis
Broja (done at end of the window)

Add this to:

Tarkowski
Vinagre
McNeil

Then maybe a few more outs:

Gomes
Keane
Holgate

Already shut of some deadwood.

This would be an amazing window if possible.
No chance we end up with both Dennis and Broja.

My suspicion for a while has been we’ve got the money for one fairly big transfer and given that we only put £5m down payments down on McNeil that explains Onana. We won’t be spending actual money on anyone after this, it’ll be Batshuayi or Broja on loan and that’ll be our lot.

We need the striker now, it is top priority. Waiting to deadline day is pretty much making it inevitable we start poorly. The manager needs backed right now because a poor start makes relegation a real possibility.

No chance we end up with both Dennis and Broja.

My suspicion for a while has been we’ve got the money for one fairly big transfer and given that we only put £5m down payments down on McNeil that explains Onana. We won’t be spending actual money on anyone after this, it’ll be Batshuayi or Broja on loan and that’ll be our lot.

I tend to agree, Broja may favour a loan to us now, knowing he can be first choice for 3 months at least, reports were he turned down Newcastle because he wanted game time. I’m not sure Chelsea will loan Batshuayi, he’s in the final year, maybe on deadline day, just to get his wages gone? Ideally we would want someone before deadline day though

So what do we do then. DCL out, yet again. Need 2 strikers. People think we have the Richi money to spend but don't forget we have to give Spurs something like 40m when Dele has played a certain number of games

So what do we do then. DCL out, yet again. Need 2 strikers. People think we have the Richi money to spend but don't forget we have to give Spurs something like 40m when Dele has played a certain number of games
Dont play Alli and get two strikers in.

Sorting this squad is like squeezing a balloon. As fast as we sort one area, another problem bursts out.

It all stems from dreadful recruitment and poor squad planning. Essentially there is too much to do this window and we are unlikely to sort every position.

Yes we need a backup striker, but we also need a good CDM desperately.

Not getting my hopes up, but think we will end up with:

Onana
Gueye
Dennis
Broja (done at end of the window)

Add this to:

Tarkowski
Vinagre
McNeil

Then maybe a few more outs:

Gomes
Keane
Holgate

Already shut of some deadwood.

This would be an amazing window if possible.

I really don’t see Dennis and Broja

Levi Colwill in talks with Brighton for a sale (which im surprised at), although Chelsea insisting on a buy back clause.

I know we are fighting on many other fronts right now but this is one I'd really have liked. A buy back not ideal mind.

Don't think the Dele money is an issue. It's probably already been accounted for.
The issue was they wanted it in this years accounts and not last years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back