Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well that's the risk they have to weigh up isn't it, which is what I've been saying to Tim so we do actually agree here mate.

From my very basic understanding, they did want an attacker in by the start of the season. But they couldn't, for whatever reason, get it done. I'm frustrated at them for that, and don't think we should 'accept it' as such, but you raise a good point. Targets do become available later in the window but it's all a balancing act. If they really wanted Dennis, he'd have been here by now. But clearly, they didn't.

They tried for Cornet, because again he covers both roles to an extent, but as another poster has said, Burnley wanted a lot of money up front. We've got McNeil on the drip, and we're getting hopefully two good midfielders in.

All I will say is that there's another 4 league games before the end of the window, so 12 points to play for. If we play like we did yesterday we'll be solid enough against most teams but we're going to be missing Mina so we need a CB in now too, and we need to start creating better chances no matter who is up top.

Personally, if this is the case (we don't know for sure) I'd argue moving on from Broja if Chelsea are not willing to deal this week, as we need to be getting a striker in. If Dom hadn't been injured, we'd be absolutely fine to wait on Broja right up until Aug 31, which is why I've been stressing to Tim that there is logic in what we have been doing. But that's all changed now so the club have to weigh things up. I'm hoping they've already done that.

Yeah I agree there Greg mate - the concern is the budget isn't there for both a decent cover option for DCL + that Richy replacement out wide.

Maybe it is and we'll be in for a suprise but for me the priority has to be Coady + a solid Richy replacement out wide as Gordon and Gray just dont offer enough gols.

If needs must get a loan for a back up forward - Batshuayi is a weird one he may well do enough on loan to see us into next season when we can throw a good size fee down on a top CF.

Some massive units we're linked with up top.

Guirassy
Ajorque
Kalajdzic

Add one of them with Onana and this would give us some physical presence.

Kalajdzic seems to have the better pedigree of the three.

?⚫️ An interest from Everton for Serhou Guirassy. Nothing done but it is a possibility for the attacker of @staderennais . #SRRC #Rennes

Yeah I agree there Greg mate - the concern is the budget isn't there for both a decent cover option for DCL + that Richy replacement out wide.

Maybe it is and we'll be in for a suprise but for me the priority has to be Coady + a solid Richy replacement out wide as Gordon and Gray just dont offer enough gols.

If needs must get a loan for a back up forward - Batshuayi is a weird one he may well do enough on loan to see us into next season when we can throw a good size fee down on a top CF.

Mcneil was the wide forward signing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back