Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sardar Azmoun has been at Leverkusen since January and has only played 10 games for them in that time I believe?

We were linked with him back in the day apparently

Anyone know the craic with him? I'm guessing Leverkusen will have played more than 10 games since he went there

Has he been injured/suspended?

Is someone better ahead of him?

Is he out of favour with the manager?

Is he just not that good?

I think he got something like 50 in 70 games in Russia for Zenit, but that's Russia

Any chance they'd loan him to us, and if so should we try and make that happen? Might provide something extra in attack for us

It was actually 52 in 79 games for Zenit, so not quite as impressive

Still not bad though, although it was in Russia

"At the end of the 2014–15 season, Azmoun extended his loan deal with Rostov until the end of the 2015–16 season.[27][28] He scored his first goal of the season on 22 August 2015 in a 2–1 loss to CSKA Moscow. After his good performances in the first half of the season, he was linked with English Premier League club Stoke City.[29] Later in March 2016 he was also linked with a move to English side Everton.[30][31][32]"

So we were linked with him at one stage

40 goals in 63 games for Iran isn't bad. The Asian conference can be pretty competitive

They've only just started playing in Germany and he's had one appearance thus far. Maybe they would loan him to us if he's not in the plans?

If we couldnt get the target by last Sat then we should have moved on. We are just throwing these early games away
Maybe they thought they could find different options in the short term from within the squad.

Say we sign a new striker next week who was the first choice and he goes on to score 10-12 all season, would that not be better than signing a 5th choice striker who could play the first couple of games, but then only goes on to score 4/5 all season?

Be better to get the right man for the longer term that contributes more across the season than throwing our money at someone well down the list who isn't as good, won't contribute as much, and we end up stuck with in a years time.

It's frustrating not having a striker in, but the longer term gains are potentially better for us across the whole season.

Genuinely been wondering how we're able to afford this in regards to FFP even when we take Richy's fee and wage into account. How much dead wood did we shift?

That said, if we get a half-decent striker in, it's been something of a positive window.

I can only imagine we're clearing all the spending with the Premier League and they're happy to let it go

I'd hope not even Everton would be stupid enough to spend this money without first giving the league a heads up

Sardar Azmoun has been at Leverkusen since January and has only played 10 games for them in that time I believe?

We were linked with him back in the day apparently

Anyone know the craic with him? I'm guessing Leverkusen will have played more than 10 games since he went there

Has he been injured/suspended?

Is someone better ahead of him?

Is he out of favour with the manager?

Is he just not that good?

I think he got something like 50 in 70 games in Russia for Zenit, but that's Russia

Any chance they'd loan him to us, and if so should we try and make that happen? Might provide something extra in attack for us

You sat on the toilet Mikey? Feels like a toilet thought.

Ive heard that as well but cant see it without chelsea signing someone

Maybe they thought they could find different options in the short term from within the squad.

Say we sign a new striker next week who was the first choice and he goes on to score 10-12 all season, would that not be better than signing a 5th choice striker who could play the first couple of games, but then only goes on to score 4/5 all season?

Be better to get the right man for the longer term that contributes more across the season than throwing our money at someone well down the list who isn't as good, won't contribute as much, and we end up stuck with in a years time.

It's frustrating not having a striker in, but the longer term gains are potentially better for us across the whole season.
The patience we seem to still be showing for Broja is hopefully based on something concrete by now and not just a “we’ll see”. It certainly sounds like the club is confident he will come in, Chelsea have given no real public indication they’ll let him leave, and it doesn’t appear logical that they would, but by now the private discussions must be more advanced or we’d move on.

Puts us in a tricky position though if they are holding off til they bring one in. How long do we wait? What if they fail and pull the plug? But if we believe that we’ll likely get him albeit not for a few weeks we surely can’t just go sign another outright 9 like the lad from Coventry and then end up with 4 for one spot.

In ideal world maybe we sign a versatile forward like Terrier / Dennis who can do centre forward now but other positions when we have our main options in place. But can we afford to do that and get Broja (even a loan fee wouldn’t be pennies)?

Genuinely been wondering how we're able to afford this in regards to FFP even when we take Richy's fee and wage into account. How much dead wood did we shift?

That said, if we get a half-decent striker in, it's been something of a positive window.
Richarlison sale brought in 50M up front.

All the other purchases and loans have been small outlays up front, with the rest of the money spread across the duration of the contract.

Just a feeling, but we have probably spent less than 50M on all the IN's so far.

bit of an odd link that coventry one. Would understand if it was a teenager or 20/21, but at 24 surely hes sort of hit the level ?
I think Vardy was 25 when Leicester signed him. Ian Wright was older than that when he joined Arsenal. If this Swede gets anywhere near their levels it could be a bargain. This being Everton though, he'll probably be sold back to Coventry in 2 years for half what we paid after he scores 5 in 50.

Status
Not open for further replies.