Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

We really do need a quality attacker bringing in. Not just a stop gap for DCL.

It's naive to put so much reliance on Gordon / McNeil / Gray

Already cost us our first game imo. Our defence and midfield were fine, Chelsea looked very ordinary and there for the taking but our attack offered us no cutting edge.

"His goals per game record at Everton is freakishly low "- @Legend Barry Horne - Perhaps because he is well and truly past it and lost anything he ever had ?
I guess that's the question - is he past it? Some players are by 33 and others go on longer

He's had the benefit of a pre season with the squad to build fitness etc

He'll likely get opportunities over the coming matches, so it's a critical period for him to show what he can offer....

SSN:

Everton boss Frank Lampard says the club are working hard behind the scenes to further strengthen his squad.

The arrivals this week of Conor Coady and Amadou Onana brought the number of Lampard’s summer signings up to five.

Lampard said he expects there to be more comings and goings at Goodison Park before the transfer window closes on September 1, but refused to speculate with precise names.

The Toffees will be without injured trio Dominic Calvert-Lewin, Yerry Mina and Ben Godfrey for Saturday’s Premier League game at Aston Villa.

“We’re working away, seeing ways we can improve the squad, but until we get players in I’m only happy talking about the ones we’ve got in.

Former Toffees midfielder Idrissa Gueye has been reported to be close to a return to Goodison from Paris St Germain, while Red Bull Salzburg’s Mohamed Camara and Watford’s Emmanuel Dennis have also been linked with the club.

“We need to get a balanced squad and, at times, if you’re bringing players in the reality is that players will leave," Lampard added.

"His goals per game record at Everton is freakishly low "- @Legend Barry Horne - Perhaps because he is well and truly past it and lost anything he ever had ?
This. Occam's razor springs to mind.

I know we all want to believe that the likes of Alli, Rondon, Gomes, etc, will come good because they used to have quality and/or they're nice guys but the reality is they're just crap. In Rondon's case in particular he spent the last productive years of his career in a farmer's league and is now off the pace in the PL to an extent that a player of his age can't realistically expect to recover from.

I guess that's the question - is he past it? Some players are by 33 and others go on longer

He's had the benefit of a pre season with the squad to build fitness etc

He'll likely get opportunities over the coming matches, so it's a critical period for him to show what he can offer....
I suspect that I could give you the correct answer now.

Hope I'm wrong like

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back