Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good job you're not picking the team then. Even though he's out until October I'm going to say he'll still play 20 games thus season.
He’ll start 20 league games? How many do you think he’ll manage consecutively? Chopping and changing the back line has done us more harm than good - need to try to get some consistency this season.

Would be just like the thing for him to string 20 games together, just in time for his contract to run out and sucker some other poor team in to paying his massive wages.

Gordon was not a big part of why we stayed up. He's a promising youngster with a great turn of pace but little else at the moment. Gray contributed more. If Gordon took the free kick for DCL's winner we wouldn't have scored it.

£40m is a ridiculous amount of money for him. I think we are right to reject it, if it means Chelsea ups their bid or includes some of their young assets that don't make the first team. Although I think they rate Gallagher and Broja too highly for those to be permanent imo. (And rightfully so btw, those 2 players are better prospects long term than Gordon).
voted player of the season?
the amount of turnovers and hustling that took the pressure off or put the pressure on
and probably the most exciting player with he ball, bar Richarlison.
epitomised the spirit on the field
big as part as any

Don't think you'll find any vitriol from me regarding Mina I just find him unreliable - which is fact not an opinion.
Agreed. But in fairness I wasn't to know that you left him out of your squad by accident or that your next post was not meant to be taken seriously. But my post has provoked 5 other negative replies (so far) which is a bit of a record for me in 6 years on here. I think that reflects the general feeling towards him.

Can't be arsed with it all if I'm honest mate. I'll keep my views to myself in future. Not good for the soul.

Think he'll play more than you expect he will this year. Can't see anybody buying him this window due to his injury, so when he's fit he'll be in the squad if not the team. Still one of our 2 best defenders, especially in a back 4. It's just petty to leave him out of your "squad".
Best CB we have when fit. I agree he will be in the team more often than not when he is fit. Shame he can't usually maintain it, and that we won't make anything back from him when he leaves on a free, but that's not necessarily his fault.

We probably expected to sell him but got unfortunate with timings of injury.

Agreed. But in fairness I wasn't to know that you left him out of your squad by accident or that your next post was not meant to be taken seriously. But my post has provoked 5 other negative replies (so far) which is a bit of a record for me in 6 years on here. I think that reflects the general feeling towards him.

Can't be arsed with it all if I'm honest mate. I'll keep my views to myself in future. Not good for the soul.

You just have to look at his recent history for us though to understand people's frustration: https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/yerry-mina/leistungsdaten/spieler/289446/plus/0?saison=2021

This season, managed 70 mins in the first game, out for 8 weeks.

Last season managed 1 full game, had to miss the next. Managed 4 games after that, then injured and missed 7. Came back, played 31 mins, got injured and missed 3. Came back, played 2, then on the third managed 35 mins before getting injured again and missing 9. 1 game, missed the next, 1 game, then 18 mins of the next injured to miss the final 4.

Unreliable and frankly, I'm starting to get the impression half of his injuries are just him not fancying it. Just on Saturday we saw Coady down injured for a while but trooper on till subbed off for another forward. Absolutely no chance in Hell does Mina try carry on after a knock.

Huge wages, unreliable, unsellable, everyone is just pretty sick of him now regardless of how much he loves a boogie when we score.

Who's coming to Everton atm better than a player considered good enough for Chelsea?

We can take risks I'm sure as can everyone else. I just don't think we can afford to get it wrong and I don't trust the club to get it right.
I agree that the clubs made unforgivable mistakes but I genuinely believe thelwell and lampard are working together as opposed to moshiri going rogue like we’ve seen before.
IF AG goes to Chelsea, he won’t start every game, he’ll be on the bench most games and will be treated like a prospect like we should be in a position to do.
If we are gearing up for a relegation fight then we are better off getting 2 established players with a goal scoring record instead of having to play a prospect.

Best CB we have when fit. I agree he will be in the team more often than not when he is fit. Shame he can't usually maintain it, and that we won't make anything back from him when he leaves on a free, but that's not necessarily his fault.

Centre back is the most important position for creating partnerships and trusting the player beside you. We can't create a settled back line, that is sustainable over a couple of years, if we always bring Mina back into the side every few weeks when he is fit.

Of course he is a capable defender, but he should not come back into the side every time he's fit, because he will inevitably break down. I'm not going to lie, I think we should have kept him out of the squad this summer to protect him in the hope we could sell or loan him.

I agree mate. I don't like excessive negativity to any of our players but moreso when it relates to his injury record as if he has any control over it.

He is quality when he is fit and I reckon Frank will play him when he is. May not start him always granted. I don't understand why saying that invokes so much negativity from everyone.

You just have to look at his recent history for us though to understand people's frustration: https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/yerry-mina/leistungsdaten/spieler/289446/plus/0?saison=2021

This season, managed 70 mins in the first game, out for 8 weeks.

Last season managed 1 full game, had to miss the next. Managed 4 games after that, then injured and missed 7. Came back, played 31 mins, got injured and missed 3. Came back, played 2, then on the third managed 35 mins before getting injured again and missing 9. 1 game, missed the next, 1 game, then 18 mins of the next injured to miss the final 4.

Unreliable and frankly, I'm starting to get the impression half of his injuries are just him not fancying it. Just on Saturday we saw Coady down injured for a while but trooper on till subbed off for another forward. Absolutely no chance in Hell does Mina try carry on after a knock.

Huge wages, unreliable, unsellable, everyone is just pretty sick of him now regardless of how much he loves a boogie when we score.
Don't think you'll find any vitriol from me regarding Mina I just find him unreliable - which is fact not an opinion.
Well you changed your tune pretty quickly. That must be some sort of record. 16 minutes.

I agree that the clubs made unforgivable mistakes but I genuinely believe thelwell and lampard are working together as opposed to moshiri going rogue like we’ve seen before.
IF AG goes to Chelsea, he won’t start every game, he’ll be on the bench most games and will be treated like a prospect like we should be in a position to do.
If we are gearing up for a relegation fight then we are better off getting 2 established players with a goal scoring record instead of having to play a prospect.
Thelwell/Lampard better than an out of control Mosh? Thats a pretty low bar to set!
This has been a very poor transfer window for us, especially as Thelwell doesn't seem to have noticed that the season has started.

Last edited:
@Simon Buttle @Nymzee @BlueToff and anyone else who has seen Nicolas Jackson whose been linked at Villereal.

He looks like he would be very effective (like Onana) at ball carrying and bringing others into play.

Semenyo (Bristol City) seems similar in the sense that based off youtube he can carry the ball forward and bring others into play.

Looks like this is the attacking midfield type were after to ball carry and to feed other players.

Have any of you seen Semenyo or Jackson play?

Any thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back