Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Assuming that the Fotomac story is correct ( and the figures are pretty specific) , we are paying the priviledge of just over £3m this year not to play Alli and still have the rest of his contract and a possible payment to Spurs to deal with.
What a great deal.
I think someone a few pages back quoted that Deles pay was heavily incentivised so might not be as bad as it looks….

What's the bed wetting around this player, never seen him play and until this window never heard of him. Is he the real deal or is this another hyped up footy player because of Fifa and kids thinking they know there footy because they seen a YouTube video of him? Scoring a few goals in tin pot leagues doesn't set my pulse racing like some unless he's doing it at international level on a regular basis. Set me right if he's the real deal because I just have no excitement for him.

All transfers are a risk, the reality is we need to take more of these types of risk, he is valued at €40m (£34m), if he goes to somewhere like Brighton and has a decent season he will be worth double that. In the past we have have waited and ended up paying much higher prices for players because they have “premier league experience”

An absolute slap in the face that offer

"We'd like to give you less money - and offload 2 bums that will never play another game for us"

I would gladly sell Gordon for the right price - but this sort of offer is making me think just keep him
By the noise a lot of Everton fans are making they would be made up, they would see it as a striker a midfielder and some cash, for one of our bums.
I don’t see it, I don’t want to go, and certainly not unless we get a big upgrade and top player in.

They had a perfect fit of a forward when we had Richarlison...and when they sold him THAT should have been the very first thing they attended to. But that's why the club are in a shocking state. Misgoverned for years.

Any fan could sort Everton out better than this board and owner if they were left in charge.
So now you think Richarlison was a perfect fit - yet back in February you wanted both Calvert Lewin AND Richarlison sold.
This is from you in the Calvert Lewin thread -

"Hopefully he gets a run out in the soring and he's fit enough to move on.
Him and the face gurning mate of his Richarlison.
I for one am completely done with those two. The status they enjoy at this club is massively out of whack with their impact for us overall."

@davek

This is the only logical reason I can think of that we haven’t got a striker in.
Frightening thought, the club resting all of their hopes of remaining in the league on a fella who Chelsea have shown no interest in selling, and who only scored 6 goals last season.

Gets to the final day of the window and we contact Chelsea, their reply: "Yes, like we told you three months ago, the player is not available for sale".

So now you think Richarlison was a perfect fit - yet back in February you wanted both Calvert Lewin AND Richarlison sold.
This is from you in the Calvert Lewin thread -

"Hopefully he gets a run out in the soring and he's fit enough to move on.
Him and the face gurning mate of his Richarlison.
I for one am completely done with those two. The status they enjoy at this club is massively out of whack with their impact for us overall."

@davek

Blokes a wally !

Assuming that the Fotomac story is correct ( and the figures are pretty specific) , we are paying the priviledge of just over £3m this year not to play Alli and still have the rest of his contract and a possible payment to Spurs to deal with.
What a great deal.
I take it as a calculated gamble by everton...he will be playing a lot over there and probably his value will go back up to the point that we may get a fee next summer that will cover those lost wages...plus he has very likely taken a pay cut to join them.

Gilmour linked with Brighton​

Chelsea midfielder Billy Gilmour has drawn interest from Brighton and Hove Albion.
The club want to sign the Scotland international on a permanent deal, according to the Daily Mail.The interest has been sparked as Moises Caicedo could join Manchester United this transfer window.

Status
Not open for further replies.