Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Post predictions for today.

"I like Gordon but there's no way we should be turning down 50m".

And

"I can't believe we're going into this game with no striker".

And

"Why is this gana signing taking so long?"

On repeat.

Said in 700 different ways.

All day.

Everyday.

By God, make it stop. ?

I do think a bit of perspective is needed. Frustrating not to have a striker but at the end of the day we lost to Chelsea and Villa away. Not exactly earth shattering revelations.
We regularly beat Chelsea at home and Villa looked crap and just lost to Bournemouth.

With a proper striker we could’ve had 4 points easily - hopefully 4 points doesn’t make a difference at the end of the season but we’re now going into a third game hoping our toothless attack flukes a goal or two.

Funny thing is, at home to a newly promoted side is exactly the kind of game we DO normally lose

On Broja and Adams.....

Is anyone really that excited about either? I mean, we are talking about the 2nd and 3rd top scorers on the Southampton squad that finished one spot above us last year on equal goals.

I'm as glass half full as most, but that is not exactly aspirational....
I think there's a player in Broja. Less sold on Adams. Not that I think he's bad, I just think that we would have to overpay to acquire a player in the wrong part of his career.

And

And

On repeat.

All day.

Everyday.

By God, make it stop. ?
The only way it stops is:

Sell Gordon for £50m+

And

Buy a striker

And

Sign Gana

Even then it will be - when are we replacing Gordon

The only way it stops is:

Sell Gordon for £50m+

And

Buy a striker

And

Sign Gana

Even then it will be - when are we replacing Gordon
The fume will be never-ending until we are mathematically guaranteed to finish sixth or better, or lift a cup. The only things that will change are the names and the amounts of money bandied about.

And

And

On repeat.

All day.

Everyday.

By God, make it stop. ?
if we sign a striker and if we sign Gana it'll stop. Hell even if we do one of those things it might ease the mood but till then you may want to avoid forums and social media

The two inside forwards are the playmakers really with wing backs pushing on.

Still prefer a 5-2-1-2 personally, two sttikers with a 10 linking, but you need real athletic and quality wing backs for htat.
Patterson and Vinegre? Okay, question marks over Vinegre's quality but from what I hear he has the engine. I would even try McNeil there. Myko is not the answer although I'd play him LCB in that formation.

If we don't have the WB personnel we can trust we shouldn't be playing 3 at the back full stop. Those positions are integral.

We regularly beat Chelsea at home and Villa looked crap and just lost to Bournemouth.

With a proper striker we could’ve had 4 points easily - hopefully 4 points doesn’t make a difference at the end of the season but we’re now going into a third game hoping our toothless attack flukes a goal or two.

Funny thing is, at home to a newly promoted side is exactly the kind of game we DO normally lose
Good post and I fully agree, Chelsea looked nothing like they were against Spurs. I`ve seen some use the Spurs game as a barometer to show we played well against Chelsea when they didn`t play well at all and weren`t much better. Dare I say playing a back 4 we could have 6 points sat here now judging how we played the last 10 minutes against Villa with a back 4, certainly wouldn`t have lost both.

Good post and I fully agree, Chelsea looked nothing like they were against Spurs. I`ve seen some use the Spurs game as a barometer to show we played well against Chelsea when they didn`t play well at all and weren`t much better. Dare I say playing a back 4 we could have 6 points sat here now judging how we played the last 10 minutes against Villa with a back 4, certainly wouldn`t have lost both.

How would playing a back 4 have won those games. How would that help us put the ball in the net?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back