Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

How would playing a back 4 have won those games. How would that help us put the ball in the net?
If we're starting with a player not comfortable picking up and protecting the ball in those centre forward positions then we should have had an extra midfielder to push up through the central areas to support him and lay the ball to. We were so so easy to defend against because of how isolated our striker was.

yes, let's add a squad player who is on nominal wages and actually performed well in his last game in the u23s. Clueless. Lots of players we could with shifting before we get down to likes of Davies.

A player seen as a valuable member of the squad by every manager, including Carlo Ancelotti.
He was booked after being on the field for ten minutes, who ever thought he was a defensive midfielder?

he plays a more forward role for England under 23s, where he started for us ...?

I understand this viewpoint. What I'd say though is we've clearly agreed everything with Gana for ages now and he should've been signed last week, it's an issue with him and PSG so there's nothing more that we can do. Outside of him I think we'll be just looking at the attacking options like you said from now until the end of the window. There are 2 major factors at play with us and our options at the moment.

We're waiting on Broja as he's clearly our first choice so that's one issue, another is if we do sell Gordon we'll probably be looking at better more expensive players to bring in. This means the club are probably a bit apprehensive to bring someone in this week when next week Broja could become available or Gordon could be sold, meaning that the player we brought in now would be wasted money. Obviously it's not ideal for us at the moment but if we take our feelings aside it's absolutely the right decision to try to wait and get the best possible players rather than settle for lesser players just because they can come in right now.

If we're going into the derby with a poor looking squad feel free to wet the bed all you want, I would say wait and see though. It's pointless to judge how the squad looks now when so much is up in the air and can change in the next week and a half.

I see what your saying here mate and to a certain extent I agree with you. For me its the complete disregard of putting points on the board that’s the problem, the lack of signings is just the symptom.

Goals win games, goals put points on the board, points that will be very valuable at the end of the season. We have absolutely no goals or people to create them in the team, Waiting around for strikers that might never become available is a ridiculous plan and one that should never be adopted. We obviously can’t do anything about it but I just have a sense it will cost us over the season, I hope I’m wrong.

My heads going to be flying down the street when Lingard slots his third and does a stupid little dance tomorrow ?

He was booked after being on the field for ten minutes, who ever thought he was a defensive midfielder?

he plays a more forward role for England under 23s, where he started for us ...?
Mate he was forced to take a booking after Gordon started a dangerous counter attack on their behalf. He did exactly the right thing cleaning up someone else’s mess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back