Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a concern that even with a striker, Gordan and Gray are too selfish and just don't look to get the ball into said striker enough

It looks clear we are waiting for Broja. Chelsea obviously are waiting to get a forward in themselves which is delaying things. It’ a dangerous game to play because if Chelsea don’t get anyone in they keep Broja. And where does that then leave us.

Also we only started up last season because of our strong start. I don’t think we can afford to drop points at Brentford next week. We need a striker in before then.
Agree but for me we need three players minimum a target type forward, a wide forward and a number ten attacking type (Kuddus?).

The same would presumably apply to a 343 / 523?

if we don't want to play attacking wingbacks then we shouldn't be playing 3 at the back. Which takes us full circle back to my original point.
I’ve no idea what we are trying to do. All I do know is that at present we don’t have two midfielders and a front 3 that make the current system work. We don’t impose our game on anyone. Pretty grim really.

Would be interesting to see how we would do if we were to add a couple of quality attacking players to the formation
The issue with this system is you need game changers in midfield and attackk and quality wing backs Patterson and Myko are still developing and I am not even sure wing back is Myko's game. Even Spurs struggled with the same system today against Wolves who dominated the game in midfield, the difference is they have top forwards and quality in midfield who can take the chances and drive the game on. I am just not sure we are good enough to play it at home especially it is a fine formation away where you can play counter attack, we shall see who we bring in though, Lamps did adapt from a 433 when he came in where we were too open so that's a positive, maybe its about getting the balance right. We need a more creativity and drive from midfield plus more protection . Maybe a 532 would be more effective if and when a Gana/Kuddus come in. I would like to see a 433 especially if we get Gana, the full backs we have don't push up enough for it to be an attacking formation, we end up as a 523 even at home which makes creating difficult.

Still no firm striker links….it’s criminal that at this stage we haven’t signed at least one…but got a feeler something will happen late in the window and we’ll get someone decent

The issue with this system is you need game changers in midfield and attackk and quality wing backs Patterson and Myko are still developing and I am not even sure wing back is Myko's game. Even Spurs struggled with the same system today against Wolves who dominated the game in midfield, the difference is they have top forwards and quality in midfield who can take the chances and drive the game on. I am just not sure we are good enough to play it at home especially it is a fine formation away where you can play counter attack, we shall see who we bring in though, Lamps did adapt from a 433 when he came in where we were too open so that's a positive, maybe its about getting the balance right. We need a more creativity and drive from midfield plus more protection . Maybe a 532 would be more effective if and when a Gana/Kuddus come in. I would like to see a 433 especially if we get Gana, the full backs we have don't push up enough for it to be an attacking formation, we end up as a 523 even at home which makes creating difficult.
Yes I agree on 352. Brentford use that well. Given the lack of productivity in our wide forwards we could ditch them and invest in a mobile forward to partner DCL when he returns. Myko could move back to left side CB and McNeil or Vinegar to left wing back. Would need a 3rd CM that could chip in with goals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back