Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
No it's not sense you need more than one striker. Look at last season without Richy we would have gone down. Also you need options off the bench Rondon is literally just a lump up front at this stage he won't score. You need goal scorers plural in a squad two or three we have zero in this team right now, waiting is negligence.
Everyone knows this, though however, that is not what his post was about.

They think staying up was an achievement clearly. - how do they? Really, how do they? You just make up snide crap to moan.

They've made absolutely no changes to how the operate and are carrying on as before- meaning what? They are clearly trying to make changes to how they operate

Are you happy with the performance of the board? - no one is, but making up stuff to moan is not helping.
Baseless positivity is going to get us nowhere this season. We need hard cold realism and to call a spade a spade.

The board a couple of years ago bizarrely claimed other clubs look up to our decision making.

Its not snide, its facts. Everyone at the club knew we needed a forward the second Richarlison was sold so why 8 weeks later have they not backed Lampard? Does that not look like more of the same rubbish we've had?

Where are the tangible changes?

The squad is enormously unbalanced

No board room changes have been made

The same owner remains in place

We still don't know the full remit of the DOF because various outlets have stated BK is leading negotiations.

I see no changes. Just more of the same. Whatever happened to the strategic review?

Baseless positivity is going to get us nowhere this season. We need hard cold realism and to call a spade a spade.

The board a couple of years ago bizarrely claimed other clubs look up to our decision making.

Its not snide, its facts. Everyone at the club knew we needed a forward the second Richarlison was sold so why 8 weeks later have they not backed Lampard? Does that not look like more of the same rubbish we've had?

We still don't know the full remit of the DOF because various outlets have stated BK is leading negotiations.

I see no changes. Just more of the same. Whatever happened to the strategic review?
The owner has brought in a new DOF to change things up, he's still putting money into this rotten club and is building us a new stadium, what else would you like.

The owner has brought in a new DOF to change things up, he's still putting money into this rotten club and is building us a new stadium, what else would you like.
What money other than the Richarlison fee? Possibly Gordon too.

I would like him to go quite frankly and someone who actually understands football to come in. Why are people still backing Moshiri? Have they been asleep for 6 years??

Nah I think the plan was always to bring in a forward/attacking mid and a striker, but they thought the players they wanted will only come available near the end of the window so they where thinking DCL backed up by Rondon would be ok to get through to that point.

Which tbf if he hadn't broken down the angst about no striker wouldn't be half what it is - but the best laid plans of mice and men ...
Maybe, but when that plan fell apart due to DCLs injury and Rondon still being a gassed out old slug the club were about as agile as a glacier in changing up the plans. Hence 3 games 1 point.

So, you constantly moaning will change everything?

It is clear Thelwell and Frank are trying to do things differently but their hands are tied somewhat. However, people like you are just waiting to jump at every little thing as soon as you can just to moan.

The board is what the board is, no one is particulalrly pleased about it, but we have made some good signings and a couple more to come in. WHy not let it pan out before jumpig off the bridge? Your baseless doom life changes eff all but ruins threads.

So, you constantly moaning will change everything?

It is clear Thelwell and Frank are trying to do things differently but their hands are tied somewhat. However, people like you are just waiting to jump at every little thing as soon as you can just to moan.

The board is what the board is, no one is particulalrly pleased about it, but we have made some good signings and a couple more to come in. WHy not let it pan out before jumpig off the bridge? Your baseless doom life changes eff all but ruins threads.
I support lampard fully. I'm not waiting to jump on anything

I will not make apologies for the dreadful performance of this board and owner however

You are making excuses for huge underachievement and under performance

Your boring positivity based on zero evidence isn't helpful either. But we are allowed to disagree. Its a football forum. Not everyone has to agree.

I would like him to go quite frankly and someone who actually understands football to come in. Why are people still backing Moshiri? Have they been asleep for 6 years??
He has brought the DOF to do the football related tasks, we have sold Richarlison and spent that money, and we are still buying more players in the coming weeks, hence he is putting money in despite the crap being served up on the pitch

We haev spent money and will spend more, even you, yes, even YOU can see that? Probably not as it is too positive for your doom life.

I support lampard fully. I'm not waiting to jump on anything

I will not make apologies for the dreadful performance of this board and owner however

You are making excuses for huge underachievement and under performance

Your boring positivity based on zero evidence isn't helpful either. But we are allowed to disagree. Its a football forum. Not everyone has to agree.
Then shut up and wait before constantly saying we are going down.

Maybe, but when that plan fell apart due to DCLs injury and Rondon still being a gassed out old slug the club were about as agile as a glacier in changing up the plans. Hence 3 games 1 point.

Yup feel like with limited funds they've been caught between the original idea of bringing in the one they want and waiting for him and risking that by spending on a shorter term fix

Not good like

Sports teams like businesses and governments should be judged on outcomes not promises.

Our government is failing.

Our privatised utilities are failing.

Everton is failing.

None of them deserve to have slack cut or excuses made for them.

Nothing meaningful will change at Everton whilst the Board remains in situ in the same way nothing will improve in UK until the government is removed.

Until then the best we can hope for is that Thelwell, Lampard, the imbalanced squad & the fans can stick together, support each other and once again stave off disaster.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back