Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, it was a long time ago when footy was 'slower' (but not slow!).

Joe Royle, then aged only 19, until just before the end of the 69/70 season, played all 42 games as CF scoring 23, no idea on assists but he'll have done so. He also played 5 FAC/League Cup games. All that in an era with some serious grock centre-backs. Imagine what Joe would have been worth nowadays! But we wouldn't have sold him then, we were Champions - with a 19 year old battering ram! Joe, Joe, Joe, Joe Royle!!

*shakes head and weeps
The best centre forward I saw at Everton, before his back injury, he was only in his early 20s when he picked it up and although he came through his rehab and, if I remember correctly, his surgery, he was never quite the same player after that? Still a handful, but just not the same outstanding player. Just not quite as mobile as he had been.

We’re in the middle of a match…
Apparently we don't work over weekends, we don't work on matchdays now either so when exactly are we supposed to buy these strikers wide men and defensive midfielder with seven days to go before the window shuts?

Or we we just waiting for the Gordon money and then just buy whoever is available?

That's how we got Gbamin, Gomes, Rondon...that was fun too I guess!

Apparently we don't work over weekends, we don't work on matchdays now either so when exactly are we supposed to buy these strikers wide men and defensive midfielder with seven days to go before the window shuts?

Or we we just waiting for the Gordon money and then just buy whoever is available?

That's how we got Gbamin, Gomes, Rondon...that was fun too I guess!
How do you know they don’t work at the weekend?

We probably are waiting for the Gordon money as that will determine what kind of player we can go for… more money higher category most likely

Gomes and Gbamin certainly weren’t last minute, both brought in early, both had career threatening injuries that have ruined them

Hopefully Thelwell was watching this rather than refreshing his email inbox, just so he could see Rondon is barely League One level let alone EPL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back