Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don’t know whether these are true but two tweets I’ve just seen…

Pedro (Watford) has turned Newcastle down and told them he is joining Everton.

James Garner (Man Utd) source at Man Utd said James is in the final stages of a £10m move to Everton.

Who were the tweets from dare I ask?

Don’t know whether these are true but two tweets I’ve just seen…

Pedro (Watford) has turned Newcastle down and told them he is joining Everton.

James Garner (Man Utd) source at Man Utd said James is in the final stages of a £10m move to Everton.
Can you link the tweets, friend?

What if we're negotiating on 3 or 4 fronts, but only want to bring in 2 players. If we agree deals with clubs on all of them Frank will have to chose which 2 he prefers.

If we only went after 2, and 1 broke down at the 11th hour leaving us bringing in just 1 striker, you'd still be moaning no? Moaning because we had no backup plan.

The DoF will have a list agreed with the manager. they will constantly be reviewing that list. And just being organised with a list doesn't mean signings will happen. So many other things that complicate it such as agreeing a price and payment structure with the selling club, the player wanting to come here and being able to agree terms, external factors such as injuries to other players. Very often players only become available at the end of the window when the selling club know for certain that they are surplus to requirements, or they haven't been able to offload the player in their preferred manner so they become available at a cheaper price or on a loan.

When you're working under financial restraints like Everton are, a complex procedure becomes even more complex. People seem to think that we should just be able to wave a magic wand and it happens. After we got Tarks in, I honestly didn't expect to see anybody else arriving before TDD, so we've actually done better than i thought we would.

Do I like the situation? Not at all. But I accept it as the alternative is to be a miserable moaning broken record, and life is too short for that.
That’s no doubt what’s happening, but to be fair the wording of the tweet does make it sound a bit backward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back