Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lot of work still to be done in this transfer window and not much time to do it. But we've done some decent stuff so far and the team is looking far better than last year overall except we aren't putting the ball in the net or creating enough for that matter
So, in what ways are we better?

This is a thread for the ages. Either it fizzled out without a decent signing and we are consigned to relegation OR we sign a player/players who can keep us in the Prem. All to be documented in this thread.

Three games in you can’t judge anything, our three performances have been better than a lot of the last half of last season and we stayed up then.
People definitely going way over the top on here.
We definitely need a striker but even if we don’t I don’t think we will go down, if it came to it Frank would have to cut some loans short.
1 point from 9.

lol

Reported to have said that despite all his success at this stage of his career one of the few ambitions he has left is to spend a season getting on the end of Dwight McNeill crossses.
That's up there with my article/post on here when Moshiri first took over about why we should go all out for James Rodriguez as a statement signing ????

I think we have improved from last season, Coady, Tarkowski, Patterson, Mykolenko will tighten up our defence. Onana, Iwobi in his new role & hopefully Gueye adds some quality to the midfield. Obviously the glaring issue is the attack currently, but a few signings and DCL returning should hopefully help us out.

It’s not going to be a great season, likely very bang average, but I think this seasons team would comfortably beat last seasons team; even without a striker

As a renowned ITK on this forum, I can share that Lewis Dunk is expected to undergo a medical tomorrow before of a potential move to Everton.

My sources also tell me that we’re considering an attacking player (name under embargo) from a team in Europe for an undisclosed figure.

I also understand that Everton failed in a bid to have Barry Manilow play a pre-match concert at Goodison Park ahead of the first home game of this season.

I think we have improved from last season, Coady, Tarkowski, Patterson, Mykolenko will tighten up our defence. Onana, Iwobi in his new role & hopefully Gueye adds some quality to the midfield. Obviously the glaring issue is the attack currently, but a few signings and Dominic Calvert-Lewin returning should hopefully help us out.

It’s not going to be a great season, likely very bang average, but I think this seasons team would comfortably beat last seasons team; even without a striker

We’re better than last season IF we add a few signings in attack then.

LOL.

I'm not sure if there is a word to describe the sound a balloon makes when the air rushes out of it but if such a word exists it is the exact word I would use to express my feelings about signing Neal Maupay six weeks after losing Richarlison and nearly three weeks after DCL got injured. Thoroughly underwhelmed.

The Blues haven’t had an attacking presence since Leon Osman retired. It’s crucial we find a slap head to fill his considerable boots or we’re doomed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back