Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can I ask everyone a question. Since when did Dominic Calvert-Lewin become Henry, or Bergkamp, or Shearer? He’s terrible, in all honesty. Some people in here saying we would have 9/9 points, top if the league if Dom plays, he’s the last piece of the puzzle etc etc. Dominic Calvert-Lewin is a Championship player at best. He certainly gives us more threat than nothing (which) we have got now, but someone who can only be relied on for about 10-12 goals and play maybe 65-70% of the season is not what we need either. We should be looking for his replacement, not forward partner. Sorry, I just don’t rate him highly at all, that’s my opinion!
It took 3,089 pages to get a post of real quality.

You ought to be very proud of yourself.

Can I ask everyone a question. Since when did Dominic Calvert-Lewin become Henry, or Bergkamp, or Shearer? He’s terrible, in all honesty. Some people in here saying we would have 9/9 points, top if the league if Dom plays, he’s the last piece of the puzzle etc etc. Dominic Calvert-Lewin is a Championship player at best. He certainly gives us more threat than nothing (which) we have got now, but someone who can only be relied on for about 10-12 goals and play maybe 65-70% of the season is not what we need either. We should be looking for his replacement, not forward partner. Sorry, I just don’t rate him highly at all, that’s my opinion!
You're funny. DCL is pretty decent

He scored 13 and then 16 in consecutive season (in the league not including cups) which proves your 10/12 goals theory wrong.

He had one season with injuries aggravated by the previous manager rushing him back.

You don't think he would have scored some of the chances gordon/rondon have had up top? Deluded.

“Championship player at best” - which implies potentially even lower.

Have a word with yourself. Your “opinion” is ludicrous.

In terms of workrate and end product he does indeed replace Richy yes - over the past three seasons they've scored similar amounts.

Maupay is pretty much a shoe in for 8-10.

So question is right now we've lost absolutely no one if relevance besides Richy so why if Maupay does arrive are we weaker?
I think this is a really shrewd signing . Admitedly I've not watched a huge amount of Brighton but when I have seen them he has struck me as a hard working central forward. Puts defenders under pressure but doesn't score as many goals as he should.

However , which Richy does he replace ?

The one who played wide left in a front 3 or the one who stood in for DCL when he was injured ?

If he can do both then great but I can't recall seeing him play wide .

He won't be as good as Richy in the air but I have a feeling he could compliment DCL in a 2 in a way that Richy never could.

If/when DCL is fit and if Frank perserveres with 5 at the back I hope he goes to 532 and plays both up top.

@MikelsGoat is a great target, man.

Everton still need 2/3 in lads.

Reckon it'll be 4 more and Gordon will stay mate actually. (Kudos loan, Garner buy, loan from a domestic club and one naughty little purchase)

We'll also see a swathe of players leaving over this week too, and one will be 'unexpected' - most loans but think Keane and Allan will both leave for fees.

Just finished my cuppa and that's what the tea leaves showed me

Reckon it'll be 4 more and Gordon will stay mate actually. (Kudos loan, Garner buy, loan from a domestic club and one naughty little purchase)

We'll also see a swathe of players leaving over this week too, and one will be 'unexpected' - most loans but think Keane and Allan will both leave for fees.

Yeah, I think Keanes off. Expected him to go to West Ham but maybe Leicester is the best bet. Fofana to go to Chelsea and make them spend daft/desperate money on Keane.

Good leaves sir. Which tea?

Midfielder please Everton

They haven't got funds for a reliable goalscorer nor the ability to attract them if they did. Such players go for big money.

This is the type of signing that we're left with as a result. The big splurge was on Onana and McNeills value for money is questionable.

Maupay, another forward on loan and Gana in (questionable if we pay a fee) are probably the limit of what can be expected in the next week unless Gordon is sold.

When you consider it in the round, it's probably better than expected in May, save the panic for forwards and the disjointed sequencing of signings and priorities. Maupay alone in that regard won't be enough, we have to get another in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back