Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
At this stage, I think the only way I’d let Chelsea have Gordon is if they gave us Broja and some money because at least that way we are guaranteed to have a player in that can give us something in attack.

If we sell Gordon for big money now, we’d struggle to spend it on someone we had calmly and professionally scouted as an option. I fear any sale now and we would just throw it all away on knee jerk signings that take us no further forward

HUGE week still need another forward and two midfielders ideally
Yup.

My worry is that the money will now be a real issue. How do we find the funds to make the purchases, other than by selling Gordon? Can we add many more to the payroll at this point, or will that just take us back to the same P&S problems? We really need to sell Gomes, at the very least.

Starting to wish the £20m on McNeil had been spent elsewhere. He's been underwhelming so far.

Yup.

My worry is that the money will now be a real issue. How do we find the funds to make the purchases, other than by selling Gordon? Can we add many more to the payroll at this point, or will that just take us back to the same P&S problems? We really need to sell Gomes, at the very least.

Starting to wish the £20m on McNeil had been spent elsewhere. He's been underwhelming so far.
Even if there's next to nothing left in the tank we still could sort Gana, use our final domestic loan on an attacking player, and then keep our fingers crossed for Kudus, and / or explore other loans from the continent- he might not be a spectacular option but I reckon Rennes might end up letting Guirassy go as a loan with option before the window.

There is still plenty we can do with little money, and tbh unless we have everything lined up to replace Gordon in advance, I think it would be better to do so than sell and panic buy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back