Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Morning all, with the deadline approaching there’s quite a bit to get through so enjoy and have a good one!!

Everton manager Frank Lampard has reiterated his determination to keep hold of Anthony Gordon after the winger impressed in Saturday's 1-1 draw with Brentford.

"It’s what I wanted from him,” Lampard said after the game. “It was a great run, great timing and a great pass, and his composure was great.

“I’m delighted for him and thought his all-round performance was great. There’s pressure on him and I thought he handled it brilliantly.”

And

Saturday’s goal could well be the last for Anthony Gordon if he does leave to join Chelsea but Ian Wright thinks the club should be doing everything they can to keep him.

“It should make them more determined to keep him,” Wright said on Match of the Day. “Because judging by what they’ve got at the moment, they’re going to need everything they will need, for want of a better word.

“They looked like they were holding on, very much so.”

Premier League outfit Everton are yet to meet Blackburn Rovers’ £15m valuation of Ben Brereton-Diaz at this stage, according to a report from journalist Alan Nixon. Recording 22 goals in 37 league appearances during the 2021/22 campaign, AFC Bournemouth, Leeds and West Ham United have been linked with a move for him, though previously it looked like Everton were closing in on a move for him.

And

According to transfer insider Dean Jones, the Toffees are getting close to finalising a deal for a reported target in Ben Brereton Diaz. Speaking to GIVEMESPORT, he claimed: “Everton are closing in on Brereton Diaz, which would be significant given the interest in him this summer.

“I’m hearing we are looking at a deal worth a guaranteed £17.5m and then add ons would take it beyond £20m. Lampard wants up to three new forwards before the deadline.”

And

Blackburn forward Ben Brereton Diaz is waiting on Everton to make a £12million bid for him in the final days of the summer transfer window, according to the Mail On Sunday. The newspaper reported via their print edition on 28 August (page 145) that Blackburn want that figure in order to sell the 23-year-old Chile international, who’ll be available on a pre-contract basis in January to clubs outside of England due to his Ewood Park deal expiring next year.

Nottingham Forest have been linked with a move to sign Everton defender Michael Keane, according to Football Insider. The Toffees defender could be allowed to leave the club this summer having fallen out of favour.

Everton want Matheus Pereira but face a battle with Leicester City as they seek to bring the former West Bromwich Albion ace back to the Premier League. As Ajax ace Mohammed Kudus has been linked but with that deal now believed to be stalling, Everton may need to look for another playmaker elsewhere. The Sunday Mirror (28/08, p78) report that Everton are looking into a deal to sign Al Hilal playmaker Matheus Pereira,

Everton can now reportedly sign Stade Rennais striker Serhou Guirassy for as little as €10m (£8m), though the Toffees now face interest from Club Brugge in the final week of the transfer window. According to journalist Sacha Tavolieri, the Ligue 1 side are eager to offload the 26-year-old forward before the closure of the summer market, and as a result, Rennes have lowered Guirassy’s price tag by quite some margin, with reports last week suggesting that Everton were in talks to sign the attacker for a reported £15m.

The Merseysiders are ready to reignite negotiations with PSG for Gana Gueye. According to Tutto Mercato Web, Everton have begun another round of talks with PSG to sign Gueye. At one point the deal seemed far from completion but the tide has turned and talks are now positive and there’s the hope of getting the deal done before the end of the summer transfer window.

And finally….. just when you might have started to worry, relax, the oracle thinks we’re doom which means we’re going to be ok…..

Michael Owen has admitted that he worries for Everton and their chances to stay in the Premier League after the Brentford clash.

The Toffees did not lose the game as they shared the points with the Bees with both sides playing out a 1-1 draw on Saturday.

Speaking on Premier League Productions’Matchday Extra, Owen said, “I am worried about them. It’s not going to get much better this season. Their squad is getting weaker and weaker.

What a little ferret…..
Once a Blue....

Would have loved to have signed the player from WBrom but not so sure now he’s wasted a portion of his career playing in poor league.
Depends on price/wage demands I suppose but might be worth a punt.

Happy to wake up to l inks for Pierra, Kudos and Garner.

After watching our first 4 games one thing is very clear to me, we play the game by the seat of our pants, we are never really in control of a game and we struggle to impose our selves on the game. We cant control the tempo, we cant retain possession, we dont manage games and we have a tendancey to go to direct, we were kicking the ball over the head of our midfielders all day yesterday.

We need players who can put their foot on the ball, hold possession, dictate the speed and tempo and manage the game - we have two many midfielders who are about prescience, running game and engine - we need something more. We need a bit of creativity, confidence, passing and play making.

The type of players above at least show we have idenitired that need, id also be looking at Bill Gilmour, but not at the expense of Flash.

Not for me. Don't like players who give up and go Middle East in their prime.
I think this is harsh. A lot of Brazilian players ultimately go where they will be best paid, and I don’t think it’s really fair to criticise that- a lot of those lads grow up knowing what real actual poverty is and the true value of money and it probably seems absurd to them to turn down much more money to do the same job.

I think this is harsh. A lot of Brazilian players ultimately go where they will be best paid, and I don’t think it’s really fair to criticise that- a lot of those lads grow up knowing what real actual poverty is and the true value of money and it probably seems absurd to them to turn down much more money to do the same job.
Additionally the game has lost its competitive edge outside the very top levels. It’s more about providing general entertainment/tv rights/wealthy benefactors etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back