Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
our entire central defence and central midfield needs a rehaul this summer

I don’t want to see Keane, Holgate, Doucoure, Allan or Gomes starting another game for us

I'm happy enough with Doucoure if we can put two ball players next to him.

Of course, then we would need some centre backs who are comfortable on the ball. Complicated this, innit?

Well I think you will be very disappointed then.
Agreed, again, massive overhauls rarely work. Palace lucked in and already had the nucleus of their squad in place. Two new CBs was a risk and it clearly paid dividends. Lad from Reading featured sporadically but to reasonably good effect. Obviously stand out was loan of Gallagher. Type of player we just don't have currently.

Gomes goes. Allan too. Keane probably stays. Holgate definitely stays, warmed to him a bit. Out of contract lot go. Rondon maybe goes. Interesting times ahead.

….I think the fact us and Leeds stayed up is that we have have better quality in the attacking third than Leeds. Also, I read some months ago about Burnley’s ageing squad with many players coming to the end of their contracts this season demonstrates a lack of strategy and forward planning in the transfer market.

We need to heed any lessons learned. Very interesting to see the types of player we might bring in as I expect Lampard will have largely the same squad next season.

This is where our DoF comes in, build a squad suited to a certain style not just the manager

3 at the back I do like and want it to be the way forward so we need players to fit in if that's what the direction is

Clearly we need to sell players so pick up bargains like Grillitsch (free) and players like Pukki (final year of contract) & Cornet (release clause) would improve us

Not sexy names but Pukki & Cornet will add goals to the squad which is what we are severely lacking

Not a huge fan of Lampard but we aren't getting rid so we need to use his Chelsea connections to get players like Colwill & Gilmour (I think he is another crab for the collection) maybe some of their next generation loanees

Some very good championship players out of contract too

Will be interesting to watch

our entire central defence and central midfield needs a rehaul this summer

I don’t want to see Keane, Holgate, Doucoure, Allan or Gomes starting another game for us
No way this will happen.

Gomes by far the poorest of that lot, so he will be sold I think.

Of the remaining two will be starting, please don't ask me which two I have no idea.

This is where our DoF comes in, build a squad suited to a certain style not just the manager

3 at the back I do like and want it to be the way forward so we need players to fit in if that's what the direction is

Clearly we need to sell players so pick up bargains like Grillitsch (free) and players like Pukki (final year of contract) & Cornet (release clause) would improve us

Not sexy names but Pukki & Cornet will add goals to the squad which is what we are severely lacking

Not a huge fan of Lampard but we aren't getting rid so we need to use his Chelsea connections to get players like Colwill & Gilmour (I think he is another crab for the collection) maybe some of their next generation loanees

Some very good championship players out of contract too

Will be interesting to watch
Pukki is 32. We won't be going for him.

Step 1 - do not offer any new contracts to those out of contract

Step 2 sell Mina , Allan ,Keane , Gbamin and Gomes. This is much easier said than done. I suspect that we might be able to move on Mina and Allan for modest fees. If Moyes likes Keane as reported then he can move on. Gbamin and Gomes might have to go out on loan although I saw a report that Fulham might be interested in Gomes.

Step 3. Listen to big offers for Richy , DCL and Pickford. At least one will have to go to start to balance the books.

Step 4 - judicious recruitment of players on frees , loans and low release clauses.

Going to be a very interesting summer.

Step 2 sell Mina , Allan ,Keane , Gbamin and Gomes. This is much easier said than done. I suspect that we might be able to move on Mina and Allan for modest fees. If Moyes likes Keane as reported then he can move on. Gbamin and Gomes might have to go out on loan although I saw a report that Fulham might be interested in Gomes.

Step 3. Listen to big offers for Richy , DCL and Pickford. At least one will have to go to start to balance the books.

Step 4 - judicious recruitment of players on frees , loans and low release clauses.

This. Pin that to the wall in Thelwell's office.

Surprised at how many people seem to like Gilmour. He looks decent on the ball but hasn't exactly ripped it up at Norwich. Also, considering we conceded about 100 goals from corners this season, maybe we should be avoided 5ft7 players. Just a thought.

I think this is about right. The only new contract extension offers that should even be entertained are proposals to Richarlison or Pickford (whichever one we deem should be kept if we can't keep both). Given the hilarious "English premium", I'd make DCL the sellable asset of choice and see what comes in. All other players except the goalkeeper and Brazilian should basically be willingly available for sale as we have no business extending their contracts right now.

We may also have to accept that the only way to get rid of some of these wasters is to accept reduced fees in some cases. The culture of the dressing room needs to be changed, so it's time to accept that some of these players have no part to play in the future. Make it clear to some that if they do not get themselves a new club, they will be ostracised.

Agreed, again, massive overhauls rarely work. Palace lucked in and already had the nucleus of their squad in place. Two new CBs was a risk and it clearly paid dividends. Lad from Reading featured sporadically but to reasonably good effect. Obviously stand out was loan of Gallagher. Type of player we just don't have currently.

Gomes goes. Allan too. Keane probably stays. Holgate definitely stays, warmed to him a bit. Out of contract lot go. Rondon maybe goes. Interesting times ahead.
It will have to be evolution not revolution. We can’t afford to change loads. That is the reality. If Richarlison and DCL leave, we will have to replace them too, but they will provide the funding for some of the rebuild.

I can see a CB, a CM (we really need two) and a forward or two to replace any who leave. We still have to pay for Ali out of this seasons transfer budget.

Going to be a bit better than last summer, not not by miles.

Status
Not open for further replies.