Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wouldn't that be Barkley On A Plane?

'Now with added snakiness!'
Indeed. Gana would be the hero and Barkley would emerge, rat-like, from the cargo hold and slither his way to John Lennon Airport. Just as Gana would be about to transform into his mongoose alter-ego and smite the snakey returnee at immigration, there would be a sudden twist as Barkley sheds his skin to reveal a rainbow shirt - kryptonite to Gana and instantly rendering him powerless. In the final scene, we see Gana taking a return flight to Senegal and Barkley emerging at Goodison where the King Cobra, Bill Kenwright, greets him as a long lost son and celebrates bringing a blue home.

1661807215103.webp

That was posted in an everton WhatsApp group I’m in

I just don't think we're that bad, Dave. We just need to get off this 30 goal pace and onto a 40 goal one. 40 netted/50 conceded is very consistently midtable in this league, year after year. At 30 we go down. At 35 we're bottom 4/5. At 40 we're midtable, albeit the dodgy variety. Gueye and another attacker to keep us from going to bits in an injury crisis probably gets there.

It's when you score in the low-to-mid thirties, or leak 60+, that you're taking your life into your own hands. Either can relegate you, depending on how the goals distribute. It doesn't much matter if the RS hang nine on you, except when it comes to breaking end-of-season ties. Never keeping a clean sheet matters a lot, because then you need two goals to win every time out.
It seems clear to me that Lampard and Thelwell have seen the 66 goals shipped last season as the thing to attack and have sorted out two experienced CBs who can stop the goals being scored against us from set pieces etc.

However, they've sold Richarlison and done nothing to replace him, so in effect it's like turning a tap on and pulling the plug out.

We need a very handy forward to avoid the drop this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back