Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

I do rate him too, but having just signed Maupay, I think it would be an odd move since he'd cost a lot and would presumably be battling with Maupay to be 2nd choice behind Dominic Calvert-Lewin. I don't particularly want Diaz, but would understand that one more since he'd cost far less and be in the same situation

Would have thought the priority would be a wide forward (ideally naturally right-sided) who can also play as a striker

It's a good point - I must admit i'm extremely biased when it comes to Ollie Watkins because I played against him when I was younger :D

Yeah I feel like it's all gone nicely quiet on Broja.

Like everyone's forgotten about him.

But we don't forget... do we sweetheart?

Do we!!!
Is that Borja really any good ? Didn't he just have a good couple of months at Southampton.

He can't be all that if Chelsea with no strikers ( or maybe Auba in 3 weeks time ) are prepared to let him go.

You're making an argument up with yourself there, nobody has suggested the clubs recruitment are deliberately idling along.

As I explained, the Fellaini example was to show how well run clubs can use the closing stages deadline strategically, we timed Fellaini's transfer, a club record fee by 30%+ at the time on deadline day for strategic reasons because if we agreed that fee any earlier in the window, another club takes him. As you've actually said in your post about an ambitious player might wait. In fact, Chelsea's DOF admitted a few years later that one slipped through their net/moved too quick.

Whatever way it's spun, Everton's tendency to be manic on transfer deadline day under Moshiri isn't ideal.

It's particularly not ideal for Everton at the moment;
Fair enough, you didn't suggest that the club had been idling, mate, but there are plenty of posts that suggest just that, or the equivalent, as if the club's recruitment team knew perfectly well we needed players for the first games, but just didn't bother to try hard enough, early enough. Personally, I'd rather have a revamped defence, revamped midfield, and (hopefully) revamped attack, even if it takes up to the last minute to finish the recruitment process, than fewer and an inferior level of player brought in earlier. As I think Spadge Vernacular said, fundamentally, the whole idea of a season going on while transfers are taking place is ridiculous, in itself.

People will laugh at this but it's not far off - the margins are slim.
I don't agree.

I think most of the fanbase are very worried about the prospect of relegation.

Teams that don't score go down.

At the moment we are reliant on Calvert- Lewin getting fit , staying fit and finding form and / or Maupay doing well for us.

Apart from those 2 and Gordon I have no idea where we are getting goals from.

I don't agree.

I think most of the fanbase are very worried about the prospect of relegation.

Teams that don't score go down.

At the moment we are reliant on Calvert- Lewin getting fit , staying fit and finding form and / or Maupay doing well for us.

Apart from those 2 and Gordon I have no idea where we are getting goals from.

Yeah I've said this a lot mate, but I meant the margins are so slim a few signings can make such a difference. 3 players could make the difference between relegation scrap and comfortable mid table because there's not a lot between them.

Status
Not open for further replies.