Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

I would agree. Honestly the recruitment over the last 12 months has been good really. For under 40m quid we have signed 3 or 4 who improve the first team, and a couple of useful backups. It shows we dont need to spend absolute bundles to put together a decent team. I kind of hope that message has sank in.

Looks like that's what Thirwell did at Wolves with some success. Not massively flashy recruitment, but buying solid players, with a good attitude at the right price.

You can see players are improving with Lampard. So we need to keep "feeding" him guys who are under 25, who we are not overpaying for. I've got nothing against taking guys from teams above, but the hunger has to be there, and the deal has to make sense financially. If you look at Alli, 10m after 20 appearances, another 10k after 60 appearances, then a mixture of sell ons and milestones fits into this category. Theres no huge risk. We basically need to negotiate harder.

Looking at those teams, as you say who will be over the limit of registered players makes sense to me. I like Colville at Chelsea, but someone like Joe Gomez could make sense.
Gomez from liverpool so many injuries and dont really see him as upgrade from
Holgate or godfrey imo

He has 6 goals in 32 appearances (21 starts), that is pretty poo to me. I’m not including League Cup 2nd round goals against Harrogate Town or whoever.
Young strikers need a while to be brought up to speed, his first season in the prem playing for a very very poor Southampton side I think he did fine. Calvert-Lewin took a while to get firing but both him and Broja have the intangibles to be top strikers.

I still mostly doubt this. To me he's not going to work in a two man midfield nor is he better than the midfielders they use now. So that leaves him fighting with an ungodly number of players to play in the front three which is also not his natural position. Hudson-Odoi can't get games and it actually suits him. He really should try to leave.

Tuchel has been hinting for a while that he will be adapting his system so its highly likely that he will get plenty of game time even if the likes of Kante, Kovacic & Jorginho stay which I suspect one or even two of might be off. Both Kante and Jorginho are in the last years of their contracts it’s highly likely that Berkley will be gone as will be Saul so there really is a place in the squad with name on.. Football isn’t just about a first 11 it’s a squad game and with the introduction of 5 subs next season it’s even more important to have a deep squad. The fact that you can change half of your outfield players during a game will change the dynamic of quite a few games.
CHO hasn’t had the best of seasons injury wise but even then he has played in 28 games this season often having to cover the WB. It’s easy to forget he is still only 21

Status
Not open for further replies.