Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wonder if we will get a wide man and play Gordon more down the middle this season so won't get a striker as we have Maupay and DCL already? Will Gordon be moved inside long term?

Gordon has pace, can dribble and his finishing this season looks better. Maybe Lampard sees him as someone who will play inside more in the future?

Might have been a Gordon replacement in that case if we never bid. That would make more sense. If we were prepared to spend 30m on him but never bid I’m not sure it’s too serious at this point. Personally I think he’s going to be a really top player and would have liked us to go for him, but doesn’t look like it.

I guess my prediction is that we’ve asked Chelsea to keep us in the loop on Broja and have just been waiting for the Auba deal to go through before making our move to get him on loan, while keeping tabs on Ben Brereton Díaz with Rovers as an alternative. Curious to see if we hear noise Broja now, he has been getting some minutes for them…

Diangana? Paul Scharner? lol
giphy.gif

Hmmm

Sounds like he was a plan b or c if this is the case.

Think he would have been a good addition myself
I think it was more "this is Gordon's direct replacement if Chelsea throw absolutely stupid money at us for Gordon". It looks like the plan was always to solve the problem of getting bulldozed in the center of the park if we did not make a sale. Lampard must think that this front line has enough goals in it, if we have decent possession. Time will tell - if he's wrong, he's not far off on current results - and if he's right we should be in a decent position going into next summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back