Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not exactly surprising that people are concerned though is it mate? I mean we finished 16th last year and after 5 games this season we're 17th, having failed to win, score more than one goal in a game, or keep a clean sheet. People have been 'pining' for attacking options to come in all summer, because it's fairly obvious we need them. It's also fairly obvious that we're still trying to get them, because the manager evidently agrees. If we get the right attacker in then this has the makings of a pretty good window, if we don't then it looks like (another) failure.
Not surprising at all mate.

The club are still looking and rightly so, it is needed. What I’m against is people who would rather us sign anyone for the sake of a signing, just so we can have another bit of deadwood to moan about. Since Jan we’ve completely changed the majority of our team and this is the area that we’ve come up short in. Ideal? Not at all but had we gone all out on a striker to play in front of Doucoure, Allan and Gomes do we think that would have propelled us up the table?

I sincerely hope we get someone in but it has to be right for the club. Worst case, I think we have brought in enough quality to get us through to Jan at least in touching distance of safety. If we can use the same (relatively) sensible approach in Jan, I think we’ll get what we need.

That’s the optimist in me, though. Should have seen me cryarsing over the Gana fee the other day. Transfer window makes mugs of us all.

If we don’t sign a forward then it’s another relegation scrap, might of shored up the defence and tightened the midfield with some astute signings but where the kin goals coming from? just throw a load at Blackburn NOW, don’t wonna be leaving it till the last hour?

Let's be honest about this:

Rondon + Maupay + Calvert-Lewin (sometimes)...is that something you thought we'd go into the remainder of this season with and be happy about?

IMO that is nothing short of a disaster. To have a weaker attacking threat than the relegation threatened team of last season is beyond 'kin stupid.

Everyone talking up this Thelwell character: WTF is he playing at allowing this nightmare to unfold?

I hope to goodness this lot have a rabbit to pull out by 11pm or we'll be as good as cemented to the bottom five this season

…there’s another window in a few months.

If we don’t sign a forward then it’s another relegation scrap, might of shored up the defence and tightened the midfield with some astute signings but where the kin goals coming from? just throw a load at Blackburn NOW, don’t wonna be leaving it till the last hour?
Just in case I’ve struggled to make my point in my last few posts, this is EXACTLY the kind of nonsense I have an issue with.

The core of our team looks loads better with Coady, Tarkowski, and Gana/Onana (and maybe Garner) in front of them.

I've bored everyone with my view about our attack but I'll say it again - I think any three of any of McNeil, Gordon, Townsend, Gray, Rondon, Maupay and we struggle to be competitive enough to stay in this league. We'll be asking players to hit numbers for goals/assists that they've never hit before.

If we don't bring in anyone else to fill the void that Lampard has spoke about then IMO, we'll be in a position were the difference between a relegation scrap to the wire, or mid table comfort comes down to Calvert-Lewin's fitness IMO, and even then - we've lost his biggest providers. We don't create a lot - 19th or 20th for chances last season, and 18th so far this season.
We would literally be hanging it all on a healthy DCL, Garner and Gordon's set piece ability and above-average finishing from the other players we put on the pitch. It's chancy. If two of those don't work out, we would be in some trouble. If all three don't work out, we're dead.

Status
Not open for further replies.