Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven’t really a problem us buying a CB that is around 30 years old, other positions I wouldn’t to to happy, a lot of CBs seem to get better with age, we got Richard Gough when he was well in his 30s 35 plus I think and he was great, Distan wasn't young either.

Slow as a snail, wrong side of 26, zero resale value.

Perfect combination of attributes for why we're in this situation.
He could easily have another four years at his peak.

Certainly, we need to sign young players to develop but the squad has to be balanced with experience.

People had better realise we are shopping in the free transfer, relegated club market.

Yeah don't get the age shouts. Would anybody had said no to a 35 year old John Terry, for instance?
Or even a 37 year old Silva?

And I'm saying I disagree. Most (not all, but most) centre backs peak in their early 30's
That's surely completely anecdotal? I'd say most of the top PL centre halves of recent years peaked earlier than that. There was an article in The Athletic earlier this year saying the peak age for centre halves was 27.

Tarkowski
Godfrey
New CB
Holgate
Branthwaite (loaned out)

Would be decent options for next season

It depends on the formation, if we stick with 5 at the back then I feel like we would need to keep Branthwaite. Also if we went to a back 4 we probably would just go with the 4 CB's and keep Branthwaite as 4th choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.