Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
…as usual, Zat, you make it sound so easy.

Even if we were offered £40m for Keane and Mina, its very unlikely either will want to leave. Mina can see out his big bucks contract and leave on a lucrative Bosman next summer, whilst I can’t see anybody coming close to matching Keane’s salary which still has years to run.

So youre saying if Everton were offered (from an attractive club) £20mil for Keane and £20mil for Mina you dont think they would leave?

…as usual, Zat, you make it sound so easy.

Even if we were offered £40m for Keane and Mina, its very unlikely either will want to leave. Mina can see out his big bucks contract and leave on a lucrative Bosman next summer, whilst I can’t see anybody coming close to matching Keane’s salary which still has years to run.

Think you're completely right on Mina, the options are keep him or loan him whilst paying a good percentage of his wages, it's obvious we should keep as when fit he is great. That outweighs some small financial savings.

Keane on 65k pw as someone said yesterday, I could actually see a lot if clubs willing to match that, west ham, villa, promoted sides, Leeds etc. Whilst still paying an ok fee in the 10-15m range (more towards the lower end)

Think you're completely right on Mina, the options are keep him or loan him whilst paying a good percentage of his wages, it's obvious we should keep as when fit he is great. That outweighs some small financial savings.

Keane on 65k pw as someone said yesterday, I could actually see a lot if clubs willing to match that, west ham, villa, promoted sides, Leeds etc. Whilst still paying an ok fee in the 10-15m range (more towards the lower end)

….Keane is known throughout the game as having confidence issues. I was told many years ago from somebody associated with the club how they work with him to overcome the problem. I personally can’t see anybody matching his salary, he’s being paid beyond his worth.

I’d be very surprised if he moves at this point in his contract.

Someone also said yesterday that Longeron was on mid forties, he is actually on 5500 per week and was just cover for our third keeper when injured for the first couple of months of the season.

Keane also signed a new contract a while ago, knowing that other were paid in excess of 100k, I don't believe he would just accept 65k, I thought he was on mid 80's?

Mina will go (injuries), and Keane will stay, we need a squad, next season we will be aiming for mid table and hopefully we will remain realistic about our chances until the shadow of debt has gone (two more years). Koeman, Walsh have a lot to answer for!

There isn't a football club other than us mad enough to pay real money for Keane.

Think you'd be surprised mate, partnered w the right player in a system that suits, Keane is a decent level cb.

….Keane is known throughout the game as having confidence issues. I was told many years ago from somebody associated with the club how they work with him to overcome the problem. I personally can’t see anybody matching his salary, he’s being paid beyond his worth.

I’d be very surprised if he moves at this point in his contract.

Agree with @bluestevon if someone comes in for Mina with a good offer then fine...if not keep for next season.

As he also says Keane would be someone who can play for a side with a deeper set up. We'd have offers.

@Eggs If we got the offers of £20mil for each of Mina and Keane as you stated...the club keeps X amount and pays the player Y amount to cover any wages lost.

Its standard practice.

There isn't a football club other than us mad enough to pay real money for Keane.
Its a real tricky situation we are in.
The same goes for someone like Gomes, Gbamin & the same would of been said about Iwobi 6 months ago.
Anyone that would entertain the idea of signing these players dont have the budget to pay there wages......all of Keane, Gbamin & Gomes have a good few years left on there deals also, so we cant just write them off like we can with, say....Mina & Allan (who have enough profile to attract moves elsewere).
We would have to actively want to remove these players from the club for pennies (say 5-10m for Keane, nothing for Gomes & 5-10m for Gbamin) and even if that happens the players could just be happy at the club/area/wages and reject any move (Tosun, Niasse, Delph etc)

This has probably been explained elsewhere but I see that ENIC (the owners), have put 150m into Spurs for them to spend on transfers. Why can't the Most (if he wanted too), do this as well?

Status
Not open for further replies.