Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
The big difference is this:

He's easier to sell on at a later stage if he earns £60k per week. If we pay him £120k per week then he stays here until his contract expires, whether we want him to or not.

Tarkowski on £120k a week for 4 years = £25mil.

Tarkowski on £60k a week for 4 years = £12.5mil

Firstly, in 2020 Moyes offered £20mil then £30mil. He returned with £20mil last year when Tarkowski had a year on his contract.

If we pay £120k a week then in 12months put him up for sale at £15mil we could simply sell for that amount and give the lot to Tarkowski.

The same principle applies to Kamara who, if contracted would be going for around the same as Fofana joined Leicester for, if not more.

Both players would have a lot of interest if up for sale and, clubs could simply give the players any transfer fee.

Evertons issue is that we signed players like Gomes for £20mil+. They still have a 'book value' which affects FFP.

So we have to sell over and above a certain amount just to breakeven on FFP. No one is paying such a fee AND Gomes' salary + we cant give Gomes any transfer fee because we need to pocket it for FFP.

Quoting MY own post from last year

----------------------------------

Lets just sign load of wonder kids, simple.

Neshcheret,
Martin Vitik,
Zabarnyi,
Quaresma,
Luka Romero,
Cherki,
Tzolis,
Magno,
Jesper Lindstrom,
Kvaratskhelia,
Musah,
Isak Bergmann,
Adam Hlozek,
Marcos Leonardo

We will win the lot.....easy.

------------------------------------

Tzolis - Gone to Nowrich for £9million
Jesper Lindstrom - Gone to Frankfurt for £6.3 million
Kvaratskhelia - Gone to Napoli for £9 million
Isak Bergmann - Gone to Copenhagen for £4 million
Adam Hlozek - Gone to Leverkusen for £11 MIllion.

Stick we with me kis......

Firstly, in 2020 Moyes offered £20mil then £30mil. He returned with £20mil last year when Tarkowski had a year on his contract.

If we pay £120k a week then in 12months put him up for sale at £15mil we could simply sell for that amount and give the lot to Tarkowski.

The same principle applies to Kamara who, if contracted would be going for around the same as Fofana joined Leicester for, if not more.

Both players would have a lot of interest if up for sale and, clubs could simply give the players any transfer fee.

Evertons issue is that we signed players like Gomes for £20mil+. They still have a 'book value' which affects FFP.

So we have to sell over and above a certain amount just to breakeven on FFP. No one is paying such a fee AND Gomes' salary + we cant give Gomes any transfer fee because we need to pocket it for FFP.
But if Moyes is so desperate to sign him, surely he'll just do it now?

You pay players like Kamara, Digne, Coutinho 150,000/week plus and Tarkowski 120,000/week you very quickly have players like Jacob Ramsey, Matty Cash McGinn and Konsa knocking on the door asking why players that arent as good as them are getting paid twice as much...

But if Moyes is so desperate to sign him, surely he'll just do it now?

From what Ive read on this forum Tarkowski has said he wants to stay "up North".

You pay players like Kamara, Digne, Coutinho 150,000/week plus and Tarkowski 120,000/week you very quickly have players like Jacob Ramsey, Matty Cash McGinn and Konsa knocking on the door asking why players that arent as good as them are getting paid twice as much...

I wouldnt pay £175k a week for Kamara (even though ive been banging on about him for 2 years) but i would pay £90k for Tarkowski as I dont think its a huge amount these days and would probably be comparable with alot of our existing players.

Also as the defensive 'captain' or perhaps new club captain is he going to be worth say £120k a week in comparison to other centre backs in the squad.

Lots of factors.

That level of wage can't be viable long term for Villa surely in terms of wage to turnover ratio.

From what Ive read on this forum Tarkowski has said he wants to stay "up North".

I wouldnt pay £175k a week for Kamara (even though ive been banging on about him for 2 years) but i would pay £90k for Tarkowski as I dont think its a huge amount these days and would probably be comparable with alot of our existing players.

Also as the defensive 'captain' or perhaps new club captain is he going to be worth say £120k a week in comparison to other centre backs in the squad.

Lots of factors.
If he wants to stay up north it would completely rule out what you’re suggesting doing. Assuming he didn’t have a sudden change of heart, he’d still want to stay up north if we tried to sell him, so unless one of the top clubs decided they wanted an older, more expensive version of a player they’d declined on a free, we couldn’t ‘just sell him’ at all.

everton-carlo-ancelotti.gif

Last three losses are:

£111m in 2018-19
£139.9m in 2019-20.
£121m 20/21

19/20 & 20/21 are averaged, less the Covid costs - which appear to be accepted. If you take into account 17/18, our losses seem to be accepted at 80 odd million this year, over the last three years. So essentially ground zero.

We add 21/22 next. I estimate we made a transfer profit of 6 mill in 21/22. It will come down to how much we have reduced costs, our wage bill, ammortisation, our squad has reduced from 30+ to about 25. Be tight, but think it may be comparable to 17/18 - we knew what we had to do. Then factoring in if we capitalise infrastructure costs like you say.
The 17/18 loss was massively influenced by a significant profit from player sales I think to the tune of £80+ million.

As for player trading in 21/22 I came to roughly the same number.

But my point here without knowing the numbers by the time you added back the deductibles from that £10 ish million 17/18 loss it’s probable that they were way in excess of £25 million ( woman’s football, academy etc) it’s therefore likely that in that year far from contributing to the £105 million there was probably £20-30 million credit that won’t be carried over.

Working out the overall 21/22 year is extremely difficult to do so because of course there will be circa £11 million less in TV revenue due to your lower finish, yep gate receipts will be there but with that extra income will come some other costs such as stewarding. There almost certainly will be a chunk of exceptional costs from the sacking of Benetiz added to it the ending of the association with USM.

Amortisation will be key and still significant but in the last couple of years you have shown significant sums in terms of impairment which probably was necessary. I personally think that the wording from your CEO about still trying to estimate the actual COVID losses was put into the notes accompanying the accounts was aimed at a far wider audience.

You will get I suspect a very early hint about how the numbers look or should I say the room to manoeuvre when you see who and where from the the first two or three player bought in come from.

That level of wage can't be viable long term for Villa surely in terms of wage to turnover ratio.
Maybe if you do what Brentford did and `moneyball´ it.. their ratio was well over 100% in the championship... but always younger players to sell on and the law of averages meant they were always making good profit on selling players...

But Villa are going for, half of them are types of players like Ings, Coutinho, Digne etc... no chance of a sell on and long term expensive purchases.

Status
Not open for further replies.