Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Prime Ronaldo would have struggled to score goals under Hodgson. That drop off is pretty easy to explain unless you want to blatantly ignore the obvious. Hodgson came in to try and stop them getting relegated and immediately instilled tactics that seemed to prevent any Watford player crossing the half way line. Factor in the absolute crap in that Watford side and 10 goals and 6 assists is impressive whichever way you slice it. He’s at a good age, he’s quick, skilful and a threat if he’s allowed to express himself.

He's not the same level as Richy but let's not forget also Richarlison only scored about 2 goals the 2nd half of the season at Watford and was benched a lot before he then moved to us in the summer.

Just let the DOF do his job !

Atletico + PSG + Madrid will all pop their heads up this week I reckon.

Doubt we hear anything today or tomorrow as we all know Everton take long weekends.

My guess is that KLP 2nd bid goes in as well.

I just don’t see him getting a game at Spurs, where would he play. He isn’t getting in ahead of Kane or Son
I agree but if he wants to join a team in Champions League, the reality is he will always be more of a squad player than a guaranteed starter he is at Everton. He scored 10 league goals last season, and 2 or 3 were pens....it's not the stuff of regular starters for Top 4 teams, and that's where he has to be realistic. If he doesn't move, we should sort a new contract out for him and enjoy him for another 5 seasons.

He's not the same level as Richy but let's not forget also Richarlison only scored about 2 goals the 2nd half of the season at Watford and was benched a lot before he then moved to us in the summer.

Just let the DOF do his job !

If you can be bothered to check the vaults, I was one of the people who first wanted us to go for Richarlison.

A lot were pointing at the lack of goals 2nd half of the season for Watford but he was being played almost as a 2nd left back every game.

Contrast that with Dennis and blinking Cornet who were in advanced positions and therea a massive difference.

Joao Pedro is the one to watch at Watford. Even he hasnt particularly stood out though.

Is it heretical to say that Coleman's form in the latter part of the season, when he was just being asked to defend, was really good?
When he played rcb and defended while iwobi did all the attacking down the right and progressed it forward? It did work much better.

I do think Patterson will play most games next season, barring injury.

I have a Middlesbrough supporting mate who swears to me Spence isnt very good
Not saying your mate is wrong, but maybe has to be taken into account that he wasn't really happy there and the manager had issues with him. Could be that he's good in the right environment like at Forest? Just speculating as I haven't seen him play myself. But Tottenham are linked with a a 20m bid for him.

I agree but if he wants to join a team in Champions League, the reality is he will always be more of a squad player than a guaranteed starter he is at Everton. He scored 10 league goals last season, and 2 or 3 were pens....it's not the stuff of regular starters for Top 4 teams, and that's where he has to be realistic. If he doesn't move, we should sort a new contract out for him and enjoy him for another 5 seasons.
His first season he got 13 when when we were 8th and last we were 3 points behind spurs. They have a better squad and a world class manager now and have bought well.

I think richarlison would see going to spurs a s a step up but not a huge one, I don’t thing he’d be happy sitting on the bench at spurs, Chelsea maybe or psg and Madrid, but not spurs

If you can be bothered to check the vaults, I was one of the people who first wanted us to go for Richarlison.

A lot were pointing at the lack of goals 2nd half of the season for Watford but he was being played almost as a 2nd left back every game.

Contrast that with Dennis and blinking Cornet who were in advanced positions and therea a massive difference.

Joao Pedro is the one to watch at Watford. Even he hasnt particularly stood out though.

Not for me mate - young, quick and bags every now and again so is hyped above the heavens.

I dont want either tbh but if the new DOF fancies either then got to give him the benefit of the doubt with it being his first summer at the club.

When he played rcb and defended while iwobi did all the attacking down the right and progressed it forward? It did work much better.

I do think Patterson will play most games next season, barring injury.
Coleman is at an age now where he’s making mistakes costing us goals, palace and Leicester late on in the season, just 2 examples.

And I don’t like him at
RCB not good enough technically for That role.

Atletico + PSG + Madrid will all pop their heads up this week I reckon.

Doubt we hear anything today or tomorrow as we all know Everton take long weekends.

My guess is that KLP 2nd bid goes in as well.

PSG - Depends if Mbappe is still on holiday to tell the club who to buy

Couple of reasons

Firstly, Richarlison is a better player.

Secondly, and just as importantly, Richarlison is an incredibly popular player in the dressing room and, by all accounts, a good guy. Dennis is a renowned idiot who's caused plenty of dressing room drama in his short career so far and has been overlooked by a number of clubs because of character issues

This bloke knows more about Watford and their players than any of us. The first is about his so called “poor attitude”.

Status
Not open for further replies.