Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cornet vs Dennis as Richarlison's replacement. Cornet will only cost 17.5 million with similar stats in a more defensive team.
Given the finances, would have thought Cornet would be favourite

Dennis got 10 goals and 6 assists in 33 appearances last season, I think he would be worth having, depending on the fee, media are claiming around £20m, not terrible, if we have money to spend

Dennis OR Cornet

What nightmare is this and will it ever end.

Does anyone know when we actually can spend money again due to FFP?

Last summer we spent virtually nothing and got James and Bernard’s huge wages off the bill. Jan we got a decent fee for Digne but probably spent as much as we received, if not slightly more but not excessively so. That’s one year of not playing fast and loose.

This summer we’re saving £400k p/w already. At what point will our past spending stop inhibiting us?

Dennis and Cornet, although not marquee signings I don’t think would be as bad as some make out.

I’d obviously prefer better but there has to be a realistic approach too.

All players have the ability to perform differently in different systems.

Only Lampard knows how he wants us to play next year and moving forward, we can all speculate sure, but perhaps he sees something in these players that he feels will suit the system he plans to use.

I think the fact both are fairly versatile bodes well too.

Last summer we spent virtually nothing and got James and Bernard’s huge wages off the bill. Jan we got a decent fee for Digne but probably spent as much as we received, if not slightly more but not excessively so. That’s one year of not playing fast and loose.

This summer we’re saving £400k p/w already. At what point will our past spending stop inhibiting us?
Will depend a lot on this year's accounts and they won't be public for months. We've reduced the wage bill quite significantly over the last year and that will have an impact.

Can’t say I’ve seen much of Emmanuel Dennis, but is he that bad? Remember hearing a lot of praise for him last season in a team full of absolute dross

pttxyj4XQViogCUouw43y8-320-80.jpg

Personally think getting Mina and Gomes off the bucks will help ridiculously.

That 95% wage to turnover needs dropping.

If you can be bothered to check the vaults, I was one of the people who first wanted us to go for Richarlison.

A lot were pointing at the lack of goals 2nd half of the season for Watford but he was being played almost as a 2nd left back every game.

Contrast that with Dennis and blinking Cornet who were in advanced positions and therea a massive difference.

Joao Pedro is the one to watch at Watford. Even he hasnt particularly stood out though.
If Cornet had buried half the chances he had Burnley would still be in the PL

Status
Not open for further replies.