Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
No it can't

Course it can. Not necessarily saying we sell Richy and bring in a direct replacement but if you sell Richy in and bring in 3 players then you’d expect that those contributions to be made up somewhere by those 3 or those 3 would add extra value that means our existing players score or assist more.

Richy is good but I don’t think he is world class so it’s not like he’s irreplaceable

Course it can. Not necessarily saying we sell Richy and bring in a direct replacement but if you sell Richy in and bring in 3 players then you’d expect that those contributions to be made up somewhere by those 3 or those 3 would add extra value that means our existing players score or assist more.

Richy is good but I don’t think he is world class so it’s not like he’s irreplaceable
It can be done but I definitely disagree that its going to be easy

Imagine if Ziyech came in and had a similar impact to Payet at West Ham. I have them down as being similar profiles for some reason. Feel free to shoot me down if I'm being misled with my thinking!

Would be very surprised if Ziyech swapped Chelsea for Everton, also his wages must be huge, wouldn't say no to him, but still want Gallagher.

From a book point of view wouldnt it make sence for deals to be seperate?
That's what I thought.

But I read yesterday that if we sold Rich for example at 20m + player a + player b + player c those 3 players can be booked as zero value (no amortisation cost), only wages.

If we really wanted A, B and C it's a good deal.

It would also really annoy Watford as they only get 10% if we sell over 40m ;) lol

That's what I thought.

But I read yesterday that if we sold Rich for example at 20m + player a + player b + player c those 3 players can be booked as zero value (no amortisation cost), only wages.

If we really wanted A, B and C it's a good deal.

It would also really annoy Watford as they only get 10% if we sell over 40m ;) lol

Surely it does not work like that and the deal would need to be fully valued to determine the Watford share?

It would.

Every player would need a price, for accounting purposes.
Could help with FFP by over valuing either way.

Think it happened in Italy last year were a swap happened between 2 bog standard players about 10m each and they valued them at 60m or somthing silly like that.

Could help with FFP by over valuing either way.

Think it happened in Italy last year were a swap happened between 2 bog standard players about 10m each and they valued them at 60m or somthing silly like that.
You could certainly overvalue the deal.

The Artur and Pjanic was the 1 your thinking of.

On 29 June 2020, Juventus announced that they had reached an agreement with Barcelona for the transfer of Pjanić on a deal worth €60 million, plus a maximum of €5 million in bonuses, to be effective following the conclusion of the 2019–20 season. The deal was also coordinated with a swap of Arthur, whom Juve signed for €72 million, plus a maximum of €10 million in bonuses

It can be done but I definitely disagree that its going to be easy
I didn’t say it was going to be easy, I just said he’s not irreplaceable. It’s a gamble because it relies on the club getting the replacement(s) right and history tells us that’s not likely.

Status
Not open for further replies.