Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Going to Crete tomorrow on my holidays - the last time I went was five years ago and we had that utterly mad week in the transfer market (Pickford, Keane, Klaassen etc) whilst I was there

Let's see how much 5 years has changed the club
That was a mad time.

I remember Klaassen being announced after 8pm in the evening, it was like "So you wanted another signing today, you've got one!"

Is, for example, selling Richarlison to Spurs* for a Moura*, Winks*, Dier* plus cash and DCL to Chelsea for a Pulisic*, Loftus-Cheek*, Gallagher*, Gilmour* Batshuyai* plus cash a better option if the inevitable does happen...

*variables

In terms of, Does this help our FFP whilst overhauling the squad?

This may be a daft question, has anyone done the sums on how much money we need to bring in from the sale of players/letting them go this window to meet the FFP rules, or is it more a case of best we can do for another season or two?

Is, for example, selling Richarlison to Spurs* for a Moura*, Winks*, Dier* plus cash and DCL to Chelsea for a Pulisic*, Loftus-Cheek*, Gallagher*, Gilmour* Batshuyai* plus cash a better option if the inevitable does happen...

*variables

In terms of, Does this help our FFP whilst overhauling the squad?
I would be so depressed if this happens. Maybe two of those eight players listed would be worth pursuing. Not to mention we still have a bloated squad as is. If we are selling Richarlison I don't see how we would need to sell DCL as well.

I would be so depressed if this happens. Maybe two of those eight players listed would be worth pursuing. Not to mention we still have a bloated squad as is. If we are selling Richarlison I don't see how we would need to sell DCL as well.
I get this totally, but it feels a little like when we let, Barkley, Lukaku and Delofeou all move on after the UTD semi, given we have had Richy and DCL, and I love them both BTW, but achieved nothing, is it time to cash in and refresh?

Seems to me if these are only sellable assets, and we desperately need strength in depth and more options, and we can't buy due to FFP then this must be the only way forward. Lose two and gain 4 or 5 trading that way with no fees?

I get this totally, but it feels a little like when we let, Barkley, Lukaku and Delofeou all move on after the UTD semi, given we have had Richy and DCL, and I love them both BTW, but achieved nothing, is it time to cash in and refresh?
I see the need to sell one of them at least but I am mainly not interested in any of these players that Spurs would try to include like Moura and Winks. Spurs are always a nightmare to deal with. Chelsea may be a better scenario for us to get some decent player or cash (Gallagher plus sizeable cash). Just don't think taking other clubs fringe players to replace Richarlison is the way to go.

This may be a daft question, has anyone done the sums on how much money we need to bring in from the sale of players/letting them go this window to meet the FFP rules, or is it more a case of best we can do for another season or two?
Also I think all if those players easily improve the squad when you look at who they replace like for like

Shouldn’t let the top clubs off with swaps. They’ve all got the money to pay full price for players they want. We can’t keep getting players at Everton who don’t really want to be here.
What we can give these players is 1st team footy if they instantly go in to the team, no longer fringe players.

Despite our affinity to Richy and our hope for DCL neither have reached the heights Lukaku did for us and we sold him.
Think we have to swallow the fact both might go you know.

I'd rather we traded early and bedded new players in, than lose at the end of the window and scramble as losing like that would guarantee relegation

Despite our affinity to Richy and our hope for DCL neither have reached the heights Lukaku did for us and we sold him.
Think we have to swallow the fact both might go you know.
I don't see where DCL would go tbh. Arsenal is keeping Nketiah and Newcastle have an agreement with Riems for a striker for 30m if agent fees are agreed. Won't get in any of the top 4 squads either.

Status
Not open for further replies.