Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s night and day compared to

Coleman Keane Holgate Kenny

Even if we can guarantee that back line but with Godfrey covering for some Mina absences that’s still decent. Mina missing the entire season was a nightmare for us and Godfrey was pretty much similar having covid and then getting injured once Lampard arrived.

We improved massively just swapping Kenny for Mykolenko so hopefully if that back 4 you mentioned can play more forms than not we’ll be fine.
Still think he will play 3 at back so need to throw Holgate and Keane in somewhere

Christ mate, he's 17yr old.

No wonder any decent youth prospect goes elsewhere with this amount of support and patience.
He wanted away because he believed he should be a starting LB. Would have been interesting to watch last season.

Football Insider saying were talking to Cornets reps, id take him for 17mill (his release clause), same amount of goals as Broja last season from midfield

He wanted away because he believed he should be a starting LB. Would have been interesting to watch last season.
To be fair the last few seasons we’ve had right backs and centre halves playing left back, and he was down the pecking order anyway, I can see why he would want to leave, he clearly never got the assurance’s he wanted , to keep him.

This is probably an awful shout but would it REALLY be so awful to see if James wants to come back for a season under "REASONABLE" wages? Not the 600k p/w he was earning before obviously.

Football Insider saying were talking to Cornets reps, id take him for 17mill (his release clause), same amount of goals as Broja last season from midfield
Cornet makes sense if we are planning a back 5 as he is a good more attacking alternative to Myko as a LWB as well as being able to cover forward to positions. For me that would put him ahead of Dennis if we were deciding between the two.

This is probably an awful shout but would it REALLY be so awful to see if James wants to come back for a season under "REASONABLE" wages? Not the 600k p/w he was earning before obviously.
From the outside I’d love to have him back if he’d take wages around what we were paying Delph or Gylfi.

Those inside the club though will know the real deal behind his gradual disappearance at the end of his time here. Chronic injury? Just couldn’t be bothered? Whether or not we’d ever take him back probably depends on what was going on behind the scenes back then.

Not denying that. Let's be honest though International caps don't equate to a great player. And they're Scottish International caps. All I said was I've never seen him defend and against decent opposition. Was turgid vs Boreham Wood, no ? But he's an International. That argument doesn't add up.
You have an opinion. Why are those who praised his performances less qualified than you to have one? And he doesn't play against
Scotland, who you clearly don't rate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back