Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Again mate he scored in his pretty much debut season to all intents 3 goals less than Richy did last season (if you discount pens which Is fair to do imo) in around 300 minutes less and playing most games on his weaker side. Factor in half of Richys games he was playing as a striker too. And a three goal difference is really not much at all.

I'd expect Gordon to better 7 next season if he's playing from the left.

The end product the past two seasons fie Richy has been way overstated 14 goals for a winger/striker in two seasons is actually nothing special at all
We sold Richarlison so need a replacement. I dont think that's really a point that's up for debate. Gordon already starts games.

Interestingly, transfer market have a net spend table from the last 5 years. Arsenal are currently sitting at -£463.93m, the worst in the league. For comparison, we're sat at -£108.80m. The last 3 years they're sat on -£285.73m compared to our £-4.45m. Now I don't know if those figures are 100% correct, but we've certainly spent sod all in recent history, and obviously our figure is helped massively by the Richarlison sale. We've obviously been paying ridiculous wages for players who are bang average at best which won't be helping us FFP wise, but surely Arsenal are running close to breaking FFP at this point.
I would have thought so given those numbers

Again mate he scored in his pretty much debut season to all intents 3 goals less than Richy did last season (if you discount pens which Is fair to do imo) in around 300 minutes less and playing most games on his weaker side. Factor in half of Richys games he was playing as a striker too. And a three goal difference is really not much at all.

I'd expect Gordon to better 7 next season if he's playing from the left.

The end product the past two seasons fie Richy has been way overstated 14 goals for a winger/striker in two seasons is actually nothing special at all
Richy scored 24 goals in all comps the last 2 seasons.

Alex Iwobi has scored 22 goals in his whole career, Gordon has scored 4, Gray has scored 28.

So whilst its nothing special, its volumes above anybody else we have.

We sold Richarlison so need a replacement. I dont think that's really a point that's up for debate. Gordon already starts games.
Doesn't have to be an exact like for like replacement though.

Richarlison would predominantly play left side of a front 3 (ignoring last season due to Calvert lewin's injury). Lampard may decide that those wide forwards drop a bit deeper into a more traditional winger role and we play an attacking midfielder (Alli and/or Gibbs white). As long as we end up stronger overall, losing richarlison may not be so devastating.

I would have thought so given those numbers
Nah, wouldn't worry about it. They have 2 things going for the! Which means they won't have their finances looked at
They wear red. Any team wearing red is untouchable. You can go bankrupt and have a bank own you and still not get into trouble.
Also they are London based. Can't be causing trouble for London based clubs. I mean Chelsea's losses of an average of £90m a year says you don't touch a London club
Given all that, Arsenal will be left alone.

We need a player who can sit in front of the back four who can both start our attacks by receiving the ball from Pickford/the defence and play progressively and also contribute to us defensively by holding our shape - and we needed that player yesterday. I like the look of Gibbs-White but he is not that player, we already have two players in Doucoure and Allan who are most comfortable in that number 8 role that it appears MGW prefers.

Whilst I'd happily see both of them both of them punted in favour of Gibbs-White, when you're working with such a meagre budget you have to prioritise your weakest areas. I would argue that we need a right winger even before a box-to-box midfielder like Gibbs-White.

The links to Onana are encouraging but surely they're pie in the sky? West Ham have already had a big bid for him rejected and Lille have sold players already so under no pressure to take a smaller offer. Florian Grillitsch is still available on a free and I'd genuinely just get him in at this point even though he doesn't have the most stellar injury record. I cannot take the Doucoure-Allan axis of evil for another season.
For the sitter we'd be looking at Gilmour / Winks types id imagine.

The Onana link doesnt quite fit although he is a tackle machine...and big...and young...

Plays for Belgium now though so perhaps he has 'something' in his locker and can step up game to be more well rounded.

Hes the exciting option.

Is this a new rumour? No idea on the reliability of the source.

The 3rd young Belgian linked with De Ketelaere, Onana being the other two.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back