Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Patterson has been a shocking waste of cash

Offing Patterson months into his tenure based on an a manager who has as many question marks, is poor process.

What has happened in his half season to devalue him from a touted UK prospect, to being off'd by one of the first divisions most dysfunctional clubs (us).

We should be asking why the club has not been able to maximize Patterson then the inverse. And even if he washes up, there is more rationale for making similar 10 million investments (especially in our financial parole) then floating out 30 million sums for the likes of Gibbs White.

What's the point in signing players who offer nothing? Just sign nobody. Just more crap on wages that we can't get rid of otherwise.
I’m not saying sign him, what I’m saying is beggars can’t be chooser’s, that’s all I see on here is ‘he’s not good enough’ ‘we don’t want other teams cast offs’, we are not in a position to be over picky. We are a mess and in big trouble. We have no scouting system to speak of, we can’t negotiate for toffee, who in their right mind would want to play for us. We’re a shambles.

I’m not saying sign him, what I’m saying is beggars can’t be chooser’s, that’s all I see on here is ‘he’s not good enough’ ‘we don’t want other teams cast offs’, we are not in a position to be over picky. We are a mess and in big trouble. We have no scouting system to speak of, we can’t negotiate for toffee, who in their right mind would want to play for us. We’re a shambles.
I know what you're saying, and I partially agree. But we have to be choosers to some degree. The scouting system is an absolute joke that can't seem to look outside of England. Even with us being lazy however, I think Cornet, Dennis, MGW, Broja, all improve us considerably. Gallagher too but both he and MGW look out of reach at this point. Even Dendoncker would be decent if the fee was low, or Winks on loan if we had no obligation to buy. Ending up with Barkley and Januzaj on the other hand is unacceptable.

Maybe he is not the same player anymore he has improved?
Sociedad not wanting to resign Januzaj, and signing two young players from the bargain bin instead while letting him walk on a free, is a major red flag. If you want to look on the bright side, last season he was good enough to start all the Europa group stage games for a team that got through to the knockouts against decent resistance, and to start half his games in the league and come on in the other half for a team that stayed in the Europa places.

Does he upgrade the squad? Probably. Does he address our most pressing needs (goal/assist production) at his position? No. It's signing a second Gray on high wages, when we need someone more like Cornet that is a credible threat to net. If we spend to get creativity in midfield instead, I can see it. It's a shaky to poor move in isolation.

So we have missed out on the transfer of a player that we were not interested in.
He is a good player that we were heavily linked with a month back and up to his transfer.

Don't forget, the reason we are in this awful mess is that we keep buying bad players. This guy clearly isn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back