Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's Kevin Mirallas and Gerard Deulofeu up to these days?

Deulofeu was still quite good for Watford two years ago before he did his ACL. They'd have never gone down if he'd stayed fit. Now at Udinese.

I think they'll be mass offering of players on August 31st. West Ham are signing plenty of attackers by looks of it so can see someone like Said Benrahama being a potential season long loan option given he won't be playing much there. Was great at Brentford but never really done it at prem level.

But that's exactly what Norwich did.
Not really, Norwich get promoted and make minor improvements to their squad, they enjoy the PL money and go straight back down and come up again and work their revenues based on every 2nd yr in the PL. Fulham, and now Forest, are investing the money to genuinely try and stay in the PL. There are no guarantees it will work, they may get relegated but they will have a decent team for another shot at promotion. They are not pocketing 80m+ (or sticking it in their handbag). As a fan, I would prefer the Forest or Fulham approach as they are at least giving themselves a chance of survival

Deulofeu was still quite good for Watford two years ago before he did his ACL. They'd have never gone down if he'd stayed fit. Now at Udinese.

I think they'll be mass offering of players on August 31st. West Ham are signing plenty of attackers by looks of it so can see someone like Said Benrahama being a potential season long loan option given he won't be playing much there. Was great at Brentford but never really done it at prem level.

Think I'm right in saying Deulofeu has gone to Napoli now, or at least is about to. Also, he's been v good there of late...

There will be fire sales at clubs such as West Ham, Villa, Arsenal in a few years once they screw up their own FFP rules having wasted hundreds of millions yet won frig all. We are merely the start of clubs going to suffer further down the road.

Forrest in for Dennis ... They are getting some team together
Or, they are putting all their eggs in one basket and could be in real trouble if they go down.

I'm not convinced that their signings are that good. Dennis is another average, relegation fodder player. Add in the fact that signing so many players rarely goes well and their remaining squad being alienated by new signings coming in on mega bucks. They might struggle.

Deulofeu could be off to Napoli.

Forrest in for Dennis ... They are getting some team together
It'll be interesting how they'll gel, and that's before considering it's quite a gamble to spend close to £100m (already on £70m+*) and offer some silly wages.

If they don't survive, their finances will come under some very detailed scrutiny.

*This excludes the signing on fees for the likes of Lingard and Henderson.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back