Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just as well hey, good boost for Chelsea too I’d say, £2 a podcast is it ?
You do realise clubs run tactics for every possibility right? It’s really really weird how much what Bobble does makes people lose their common sense over. If you don’t want to know what he says, block him on social media, put his account on here on ignore and mute any accounts that tag his stuff or the podcast, it’s that simple

I don't doubt Bobble's info but if the injury is pretty bad and happened yesterday it's strange no other journalist has the story.
Who knows going to London to get it scanned isn't a positive sign though is it
Without wishing to take the club's side, and incur the inevitable opprobrium that will follow, the DCL situation is why all possible targets aren't acquired early. There needs to a a pot of unspent money, although pencilled in for player X or Y, a which is still available till the last minute, to be redirected toward filling in for a late, pre-season injury to a key player. Maybe now we won't be looking to buy a backup striker, but someone who can do the job reasonably for half a, season, even if it means utilising cash that had been intended for an extra midfielder, for example.
Should have been doing it before now anyway, the reason we haven't isn't shrewdness its due to our finances. Who made a mess of them...

Personally think given our financial situation and the fact the DCL ended last season healthy it is perfectly understandable that we didn't rush out to buy a striker. Yes I'd prefer if Rondon wasn't the backup but it is one of those times you have to lie in the bed you made and he was going to be in the squad this year.
Disagree we needed a forward we sold Richy

Personally think given our financial situation and the fact the DCL ended last season healthy it is perfectly understandable that we didn't rush out to buy a striker. Yes I'd prefer if Rondon wasn't the backup but it is one of those times you have to lie in the bed you made and he was going to be in the squad this year.
He didn't put a run of games together at any point from his initial injury. In fact, he's been struggling with injuries since Christmas 2020. This is not bad luck, this is bad planning.

You do realise clubs run tactics for every possibility right? It’s really really weird how much what Bobble does makes people lose their common sense over. If you don’t want to know what he says, block him on social media, put his account on here on ignore and mute any accounts that tag his stuff or the podcast, it’s that simple
It's neither here nor there to the Chelsea game but as i said just up the thread Bobble says the injury happened yesterday yet there has been no murmur of it from any Everton related journalist - that suggests to me the club are trying to shut down the info, possibly to make a quick move in the transfer market before the story breaks. In that respect (and I like the Bobble and usually have no issue with him breaking stories) Bobble has possibly done the club no favours by letting it out the bag.

We signed McNeil. It isn't like for like but frankly I'd rather we didn't sign a like for like because I don't like those in between position players who aren't suited to either spot.

We have two strikers and a plethora of wide options.
Rondon is not a starting striker in this league anymore. Mcneil plays off a wing he isn't a "forward" in the same way. Richy could play across the forward line if you think we didn't need additions in forward areas even before this injury then you clearly missed us only scoring forty odd goals and finishing 16th last season?!

We signed McNeil. It isn't like for like but frankly I'd rather we didn't sign a like for like because I don't like those in between position players who aren't suited to either spot.

We have two strikers and a plethora of wide options.
Its not about strikers or wingers. Its about who can and who cannot put the ball in the net. We had 2 players capable of doing it regularly. One was sold and now the other is out injured.

In short, we are in huge trouble.

Why are you even responding to him ?
Ignore Is your friend

Do we reckon DCL injury could impact gana signing. If there is a fee would we now pause it to get a striker in first. Then potentially get couple loans in for midfield. Or try loan a striker in. We simply don’t know how much money we can spend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back