Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you telling me that Yannick Bolasie was going to smash the Premier League record for assists in a single season in 2016/17?

No. I'm just saying, his returns in 10 games were not mediocre.

I can have that it's just too small a sample size (christ I've ever said that) and you cant generalise from it, but his performance pre injury was neither mediocre, not as bad as the rest of his time. It's probably me getting fixated on irrelevant details, but neither of those things seem true to me.

We were in free fall before Martial rescued our season by getting shut of him.

His signing was the first red flag of the Moshiri era for me.

I agree with that. I didnt support the signing, it seemed to tick every box of what I wouldnt do.

However he wasnt bad pre injury.

I'm not sure Martial injuring him rescued our season either mate?

Take your pick .. all free agents

Screenshot_20220802-223754.webp

Pretty dire situation to be in with a few days before start of the season.

Our only striker and goal threat likely out for a long period…no financial wiggle room, short in midfield, out wide and up top…yay.

You’d think they’d make Broja on loan a priority now. Then you’d imagine one of cornet or Dennis …if the finances allow.

Meanwhile gomes and Gbamin are still here collecting pay checks and not contributing with no sign of moving on.

I agree with that. I didnt support the signing, it seemed to tick every box of what I wouldnt do.

However he wasnt bad pre injury.

I'm not sure Martial injuring him rescued our season either mate?
As I recall it, the form leading up to that moment was so bad, I genuinely thought Koeman was going be sacked before Christmas 2016.

This was before Everton sacking a manager became an annual occurrence, of course. It felt like a big deal at the time.

Pretty dire situation to be in with a few days before start of the season.

Our only striker and goal threat likely out for a long period…no financial wiggle room, short in midfield, out wide and up top…yay.

You’d think they’d make Broja on loan a priority now. Then you’d imagine one of cornet or Dennis …if the finances allow.

Meanwhile gomes and Gbamin are still here collecting pay checks and not contributing with no sign of moving on.
I think Chelsea's "failures" in the transfer window have hurt us here. I know we shouldn't be waiting on scraps from them, but every player we decide to pursue has a domino effect. If they'd brought in the forwards they would have wanted, I'd bet you they would loan us Broja. He's a great prospect, but let's be real, Tuchel is not going to relying on him in the position they are in. That's who I'd like regardless of how long Dom is out. True center forward who is a handful to deal with and has his legs in the league now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back