Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Athletic saying we have offered 24 year old Nathan Broadhead a new contract before sending him out on loan and have even refused bids to buy permanently. He'll return from that loan as a 25 year old who has played 10 minutes for Everton btw
We might have to hold off sending him out until after this weekend, there’s a slight chance he might get used

The Athletic saying we have offered 24 year old Nathan Broadhead a new contract before sending him out on loan and have even refused bids to buy permanently. He'll return from that loan as a 25 year old who has played 10 minutes for Everton btw

If true, I'd love to just sit down for 5 mins with Thelwell and ask for an explanation.

Simms just isn't good enough from what I've seen. Kean has the ability to be good enough but not the application. The issue is not letting them go. The issue is letting Richarlison go for a good amount of money and somehow not managing to sign a replacement. It's as shambolic as when we tried to replace Lukaku with about 4 x no.10s and a £5m Sandro Ramirez.

Replying in the transfer thread...

I think the idea is to bring in Broja after the Chelsea game.

Then next summer we sell DCL + Kean and are well up on FFP / P&S just before the stadium is built.

I think Broja would have been brought in already if we were playing Chelsea after 10+ games...

If that’s true, then it’s ridiculous. Broadhead should be sold, for the benefit of his career. A 25 year old should not be getting loaned.

Just thinking of someone who can cover for DCL... Need a striker who is decent in the air .. any suggestions? (Who Everton could bring in)
It’s annoying really. If we didn’t buy McNeil, I would of liked a striker who can get the ball, take on a defender and either make the keeper work or score. With DCL he can’t do that. Good for attacking crosses and hold up play. So with McNeil to get the best out of him we will need a target man like DCL like you said.

Replying in the transfer thread...

I think the idea is to bring in Broja after the Chelsea game.

Then next summer we sell DCL + Kean and are well up on FFP / P&S just before the stadium is built.

I think Broja would have been brought in already if we were playing Chelsea after 10+ games...
Isn't he injured and out for a few weeks? wasn't he seen wearing one of those protective boots or has that all cleared up?

…another who suffers the curse of the hamstring, good footballer, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.