Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
West Ham are not a far better side, recently they have done better, but we will finish above them this season if we get a Striker.

They got 17 more points than us last season. They are clearly the better team right now.

And the striker issue is a big if for us at this point. It's almost 6 weeks since we sold Richarlison. That's not good enough.

They got 17 more points than us last season. They are clearly the better team right now.

And the striker issue is a big if for us at this point. It's almost 6 weeks since we sold Richarlison. That's not good enough.
Not a chance
Im happy to wait till May to say I told you so.

All the hipster teams will finish below Everton this season.

Palace, Brighton, Whammers, Leicester = hipster teams.

To be fair, Keane cost us about 15 points just by himself. Now that he's gone, as long as we can just about replace Richarlison's goals, we ought to be every bit as 'good' as West Ham.

Yeah I think 15 is probably a minimum simply because we'd have to spend that to adequately replace him- and we definitely would need one more CB even with the option of Myko or Coleman.

His name's not been mentioned lately but Rodrigo Becao still hasn't left Udinese, we seemed to have genuine interest so if we could sell Keane and fund him for the same or less it would have to be considered.
Not sure I agree. Godfrey's injury lay off is not as bad as expected and Mina will be back before then most likely, so by November we could have a full compliment of 6 recognised central defenders, with both Coleman and Mykolenko able to play wide in a back 3. Plus we have Reese Welch (who trains with the first team squad and who Frank apparently likes) to call upon in emergencies. If we bring in the CMs we're looking at Frank may also decide to play a back 4 on many occasions. Keane is on a good wage, far too high for somebody who may likely be 6/7th choice when everybody is fit, and if somebody were to offer good money for him i think we should take it.

You need to factor in that we're only allowed a Premier Squad of 25 too, and if we're not careful half of that will be taken up with defenders.

I am not moaning at all. And I'm making a logical point.

I find it totally bizarre that people are upset that we didn't agree to loan a player to West Ham. If they want to offer some decent cash then sell by all means, but a loan is just a ridiculous idea. They are far better than us, so why would we be loaning them someone?
Keane is a liability and has been for years. Him Going on loan and effectively weakening a prem team while giving us room to sign a better CB is a massive win

Yep. And Vinagre at LWB gives much more attacking prowess than Myko.

Really do think it will be Iwobi and Vinagre eventually holding down the WB slots once the entire squad comes together
Absolutely on Vinegre if we play a back 3. I'd play Myko on the left of a back 3 with Vinegre ahead of him, and I'd play Myko left back in a back 4. For me, he isn't attack minded enough to play LWB, but he's an accomplished defender and gives the team balance on that left side.

I actually like Patterson in the RWB role. From what I've seen so far his delivery is better than Iwobi's and he gives you the same energy as him too. Having said that Iwobi has improved no end under Frank. He seems to like that central role. At the end of the day it's a squad game and I think most of the players will get plenty of game time with injuries and the 5 subs rule. I'm really looking forward to being able to bring fresh legs off the bench without the massive drop in quality that we've seen over the last few years.

They aren’t being gifted anything let’s be honest here, we have 2 new signings in the squad, if we put the same effort in as last week and get Rondon on some of the balls Gordon struggled with then we’ll win

Rondon..you say.
I am sure the Villa CB will be having sleepless nights over Rondon.
Mind you the club badge and getting rid of Keane seems to be the priority of the day.

Wonder how we will all feel Saturday night with Zero points from 6.

Im happy to wait till May to say I told you so.

All the hipster teams will finish below Everton this season.

Palace, Brighton, Whammers, Leicester = hipster teams.

I tend to agree with this - maybe the hopeium has me again - but when we actually have a decent forward in place I feel, with the business we’ve done, we’ll have a very strong and experienced squad of 15-16 players. Almost all of the ‘hipster’ teams are arguably weaker than they were last season maybe with the exception of WHU. But, we need DCL back and players to stay fit.

I think players like Coady, Tarkowski have added to the likes of Coleman and Pickford and others who are the right characters needed for all occasions, they’re also international defenders. Add this to the backroom team and other players brought in and already in the squad and I think we look an entirely different prospect to last season.

I tend to agree with this - maybe the hopeium has me again - but when we actually have a decent forward in place I feel, with the business we’ve done, we’ll have a very strong and experienced squad of 15-16 players. Almost all of the ‘hipster’ teams are arguably weaker than they were last season maybe with the exception of WHU. But, we need DCL back and players to stay fit.

I think players like Coady, Tarkowski have added to the likes of Coleman and Pickford and others who are the right characters needed for all occasions, they’re also international defenders. Add this to the backroom team and other players brought in and already in the squad and I think we look an entirely different prospect to last season.
I’ll be happy with staying well clear of the drop but certainly we have an outside chance of finishing top half if we finish the window strongly and bring in a forward or two. I think we also need DCL to stay fit once he recovers in order for us to have a good season - should maybe say in order for us to overachieve.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back