Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Respectfully disagree.

£20m on McNeil is paying for potential; £33m feels a lot more like immediacy, given our parlous finances.
I guess that depends on how you view the possible ceiling potential of McNeil and Onana.

When I say immediacy I mean about Onana starting for the first few months, he could be a viable starter after a few months and subsequently, but I don't want to throw any more points away by not having an older head in the middle.

I guess that depends on how you view the possible ceiling potential of McNeil and Onana.

When I say immediacy I mean about Onana starting for the first few months, he could be a viable starter after a few months and subsequently, but I don't want to throw any more points away by not having an older head in the middle.
We are in no position to be paying 53m for potential these players need to be influencing games positively

Its the two things for me mate, we have 10 goals to replace at wing forward, but probably more then that Richarlison carried a threat, he could make years, he’d fight for an opputunity, he’d carry the ball into the box, he’d shoot. Though I’ve huge faith in young flash.

I think we forget that we didn’t created anything last season, Dominic Calvert-Lewin, Gordon and Richarlison had to create for themselves, no body was creating anything - it’s still the same the goals we have scored this season bar the Villa one we’re direct balls over the top, leaving Gray and Gordon with a lot to do - we create very little and because of that won’t score a lot, until that is addressed - hopefully we will in the next couple of days, a wide forward and playmaker really required.
I took a few minutes to flip back through last season's goals, and they really are diabolic. Ignoring the goals against weak resistance in the cups, it boils down to:

- all counterattack all the time under FSW, with the odd wonder goal from Gray/Townsend from downtown
- set pieces under Lampard, usually off a noggin
- Richarlison penalty or pure skill throughout the season
- Pass from forward/Iwobi -> close range score from forward throughout the season

We weren't scoring through Route One all that often, the way we have been so far. Iwobi at the 10 could help a bit with picking a lock, but that's probably not enough against Prem defenses unless we get dialed back in again on set pieces.

It seems clear to me that Lampard and Thelwell have seen the 66 goals shipped last season as the thing to attack and have sorted out two experienced CBs who can stop the goals being scored against us from set pieces etc.

However, they've sold Richarlison and done nothing to replace him, so in effect it's like turning a tap on and pulling the plug out.

We need a very handy forward to avoid the drop this season.
Agree with all that except "they've done nothing to replace Richarlison" that absolves the board.

Nope the fees are demanding they influence games. Quality is a different chat . But make no mistake they were bought to play now.
I guess McNeil was bought to play now, but then I was never a huge fan of that signing, whereas I could easily imagine the plan for Onana was to get other reinforcements and ease him in with the view that he'd be a huge asset with time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back