Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
If our whol attack was slow and like that I'd say fine, but it's not, nor was i advocating for him to be a starter immediately anyway. Much better having someone like him who has a knack for poaching some goals coming on.
The problem with us having someone who is effectively a poacher is that we don't create anything. Probably the biggest problem in the opening 4 games hasn't been missing chances, it's been not getting enough of them. It's an issue we've had with Calvert Lewin before, particularly when he's not fully fit, he just stands around waiting for chances that never come because he can't really create them himself. That's where I think Maupay does fit in quite well, he never stops running in behind and closing down etc, so he can create chances through just being a pest apart from anything.

That isn't really a comment on Brereton Diaz because i've not seen enough of him to know what he could offer, just an observation the idea of getting a poacher. Ideally we need someone who can create goals for themselves in some way (or bring in more creative players and a striker).

The problem with us having someone who is effectively a poacher is that we don't create anything. Probably the biggest problem in the opening 4 games hasn't been missing chances, it's been not getting enough of them. It's an issue we've had with Calvert Lewin before, particularly when he's not fully fit, he just stands around waiting for chances that never come because he can't really create them himself. That's where I think Maupay does fit in quite well, he never stops running in behind and closing down etc, so he can create chances through just being a pest apart from anything.

That isn't really a comment on Brereton Diaz because i've not seen enough of him to know what he could offer, just an observation the idea of getting a poacher. Ideally we need someone who can create goals for themselves in some way (or bring in more creative players and a striker).

In Fairness, i think we've made plenty of chances but haven't had anybody clinical enough to take them. Gray is exactly what we were warned about, flash but little end product.

Forest at home we had 19 shots and plenty of good openings. Bringing on a poacher and someone who was a threat would have seen us win that game. Chelsea we didnt win because 1. Doucoure/Sterling dive and 2. Lack of a finisher, we had chances and Villa, as soon as we got a goal we gained confidence and again, a proper striker sees us score again.

I am not suggestion Ben Brereton Díaz is the answer, as I said previous its a big step up, but i can see the merit in having him in the squad.

I'd love us to sign a dynamic striker who shows for the ball, can link, control, hold up, be a bother, but I just cant see it happening because it's Everton.

He was right about Kudus and he broke that news, Ajax not accepting our offer is irrelevant.

He absolutely did not. Amazingly it was ‘football insider’

Edit - been informed he wrote it for football insider. Still a prolific wham merchant.

Last edited:
We have a recent track record of offloading players when we are short in that position. Look at James last season. Nkounkou going on loan with no back up left back. Even thus summer our youth strikers all going on loan, some after the Dominic Calvert-Lewin injury, when we literally have not a single striker on the bench (or on the pitch even).

If Rondon does stay, which I think is likely, it will be because nobody in their right mind would take him.

Yep, can see Everton letting him go and us not replacing at all, cuase it's Everton.

Criminal going into the season with DCL as our only viable option, he's injury prone, that's proven now so can't rely on him.

Yep, can see Everton letting him go and us not replacing at all, cuase it's Everton.

Criminal going into the season with Dominic Calvert-Lewin as our only viable option, he's injury prone, that's proven now so can't rely on him.

Signed a striker about 3 days ago but sure look

Morning all, as we enter the final throws of the summer window it’s probably time to batten down the hatches. Hang in there everyone and have a great day!

The chances of Anthony Gordon's protracted move to Chelsea going ahead in the next few days are starting to look 'slim'. That's according to The Athletic journalist David Ornstein this morning.

Writing in his column, he said: "The chances of Everton’s Anthony Gordon completing a move to Stamford Bridge are now thought to be slim too, with sources pointing to a substantial gulf in valuation between the negotiating clubs. Manchester United are believed to have made a late check on Gordon’s availability before stepping up their pursuit of Ajax winger Antony."

Everton face competition from Newcastle United for the signature of Leander Dendoncker, according to journalist Pete O’Rourke. Dendoncker is in demand heading into the final days of the summer transfer window and Everton have seen a bid rejected by Wolves.

Everton are among three Premier League clubs in the race to sign PSV Eindhoven attacker Cody Gakpo, according to The Athletic’s David Ornstein. The Toffees join Leeds United and Southampton in recently pursuing the PSV star, with Manchester United having cooled their interest after agreeing a deal with Ajax for Antony.

Everton have had a "verbal proposal turned down" for Shakhtar Donetsk winger Mykhaylo Mudryk, according to reports. Italian journalist Fabrizio Romano reports that the Blues contacted the Ukrainian outfit about one of the country's most promising talents - who is also said to be a target for Arsenal as they look to bolster their attacking options just days after shipping club-record signing Nicolas Pepe on loan to Ligue 1 outfit Nice.

Paris Saint-Germain midfielder Idrissa Gueye "should commit" to Everton "very soon", according to RMC sport. The French outlet are quoted as saying: "According to our information, Idrissa Gueye should commit to Everton very soon. Paris Saint-Germain has reached an agreement in principle with the Toffees for a transfer, the amount of which has not been filtered. The medical visit should take place within the next 48 hours."

Everton have said to enquired about Leeds United forward Daniel James as they look to bolster their ranks in the final days of the transfer window with attacking reinforcements. Fabrizio Romano tweeted: Tottenham have discussed potential loan with buy option for Daniel James with Leeds last week — not an easy deal, also Everton asked for Dan.

Aston Villa are one of five clubs looking at a deal for Blackburn Rovers striker Ben Brereton Diaz – along with Everton, West Ham, Southampton and Brighton. Reports last week claimed Everton were closing in on his signature, but they have since brought in Neal Maupay from Brentford

Everton are set to miss out on VfL Wolfsburg talent Aster Vranckx with AC Milan agreeing a loan deal to sign the 19-year-old Belgian midfielder. According to Sky Italia, the reigning Serie A champions have agreed a deal to sign the teenage talent on loan for the season with a €12m (£10m) obligation to make the transfer permanent next summer, with Milan beating the likes of Everton to Vranckx, with Frank Lampard’s side reportedly in the race for the Bundesliga prospect.

Everton are set to offload Salomon Rondon before the transfer cut-off despite their lack of striker options, sources have told Football Insider.

Everton are still pushing to sign Mohammed Kudus before the close of the transfer window and have lodged an official bid for a permanent move, Ghanasoccernet.com reports.

The same outlet confirms that personal terms have been agreed between the 22-year-old and the Toffees, which was thought to be the position over a week ago before a change of heart at his club Ajax.

Everton could sign both James Garner and Idrissa Gueye to strengthen their midfield this week, according to David Ornstein. The Athletic journalist has reported that the Toffees want up to two new midfielders as well as another attacking option through the door before Thursday [01 September].

Gueye is set to arrive from Paris Saint-Germain imminently, with Everton currently waiting on Manchester United to engage over a late deal for Garner.​

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back