Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep, can see Everton letting him go and us not replacing at all, cuase it's Everton.

Criminal going into the season with Dominic Calvert-Lewin as our only viable option, he's injury prone, that's proven now so can't rely on him.
We've got Maupay in and I still think we'll bring another striker in before the window closes. That puts us in a better position squad wise than last season. And if Gordon continues to improve I think the team is better too. I may think differently Friday morning of course.

The problem with us having someone who is effectively a poacher is that we don't create anything. Probably the biggest problem in the opening 4 games hasn't been missing chances, it's been not getting enough of them. It's an issue we've had with Calvert Lewin before, particularly when he's not fully fit, he just stands around waiting for chances that never come because he can't really create them himself. That's where I think Maupay does fit in quite well, he never stops running in behind and closing down etc, so he can create chances through just being a pest apart from anything.

That isn't really a comment on Brereton Diaz because i've not seen enough of him to know what he could offer, just an observation the idea of getting a poacher. Ideally we need someone who can create goals for themselves in some way (or bring in more creative players and a striker).

Without immediately noticing, we have lost a lot of creativity in the last 12 months. James, Sigurdsson, Digne and Richarlison all gone. Even Bernard to a degree.

We look more solid as a result, but there are a lot less goals in the team.

I haven't seen enough of Dias, but what would worry me is that he looks to have had 1 good season. Often players will have a bit of a freak season and then return to norm.

From what's been said, the lad from Ajax would be a good signing for us.

The telenovela Adnan Januzaj could have come to an end, in the last few hours the subject of an offer from Venezia who tried to fit into the long queue of teams interested in the boy. In addition to the Premier League clubs, the boy had also been very close to Sevilla in recent days. To break the delay was Everton which, according to what reported by trivenetogoal.it, would have put on the plate a salary of 5 million euros per year. A monstrous figure that will have to be examined by the FA for the financial fairplay issue. If there is the green light, the boy will land in Liverpool.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back