Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't understand this. It states that there is a 'buy back' clause, yet it's a '5 year deal' ??
James Garner to Everton, deal DONE, medicals completed as personal terms fully agreed, 5-year deal, £15m fee with a buy back clause for
@ManUtd
@FabrizioRomano
Can anybody explain how that works?(In laymans language please)

Garner joins Everton, the contract is for five years as per any other transfer.

There will be an agreement in place between Everton and United where either:
1. There is a fee set in place whereby we must accept it
2. If Everton agree a fee with another other side, if United match it then it must also be accepted.

Simple as that matey.
It may be that the clause is only active during set periods as well. For example, Man Utd could buy him in July 2023 for £25m, in July 2024 for £32m, in July 2025 for £40m etc... There may also be an expiry date for the clause as well, e.g. 31st July 2025.

All figures were for illustrative purposes only, I am decidedly not ITK.

if we get garner and gueye and add another striker would be a good window just taken so long
Better late than never and all that. People won't like it but if it meant sacrificing the first 5 or 6 games of the season to make sure that we got the right players for the next few years then I'll take that all day long. Under no illusions that we'll be doing much this season but get us safe and comfortable and hopefully from next season onwards we can really stretch our legs and see what some of these good young players will be able to do.

It may be that the clause is only active during set periods as well. For example, Man Utd could buy him in July 2023 for £25m, in July 2024 for £32m, in July 2025 for £40m etc... There may also be an expiry date for the clause as well, e.g. 31st July 2025.

Yep, similar to the deal we had for Yerry Mina from Barca who, as you can imagine, didn't fancy buying him back. lol
Apparently they had various fees set in place in the contract between them and us, yet didn't take us up on one of them, hee hee.

Same way fellaini had a release fee that expired midway through the transfer window and moyes waited until the week after to bid for him.

I would expect its a buy back after 2 years, if he isn't cutting it by then, they won't want him back and would probably be unlikely to be at the level they want in the years following.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back