Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he was a possibility we’d have signed him by now.

I’m sure the cryarses will be upset but I’d rather us not sign another striker than make a desperation move like this. A refreshing change.
Rather go for him than a tosun or
Personally not surprised if they're looking for firepower elsewhere and stick with Dom, Maupes, and Dom.

That Chicky lad looks good.

Always said we're not gonna be paying £20-30mill for another striker with Dom still here regardless of injury record
This season with 5 subs, not having a top grade second striker is a strategic error. That’s before looking DCL injury record.

Don’t see it myself mate. Good Champo striker but doubt he’d do it for us.

Had we signed him up weeks ago so I’d have second guessed myself based on Frank and Kev’s faith. At this stage it doesn’t seem like they rate him all that highly either.

Leave him to Fulham.
Thing is mate buying good championship players is that model we have to go back too, it worked wel for us in the past, we need to pick up some cheap gems while other clubs over spend

It will be Garner and gana. Both taken right to the wire despite being in the works for 2 months.

Possibly a foreign loan deal for a forward. But if we aren't hearing anything about players in for medicals now etc, I cant see much else.

Hope I'm wrong as we need more.

Don’t see it myself mate. Good Champo striker but doubt he’d do it for us.

Had we signed him up weeks ago so I’d have second guessed myself based on Frank and Kev’s faith. At this stage it doesn’t seem like they rate him all that highly either.

Leave him to Fulham.
Aye, let Marco save us from ourselves. It's a good insurance policy for that club. If they stay up and he doesn't work out, oh well. They stayed up and have unexpected revenue to spend. If they get shipped right back down, he's an asset.

Whoever suggested tweet deck, what an idea.
It really makes life better!

I've modified my search to this, after Adam Jones' tweet r.e. Gomes didn't appear:

Screenshot 2022-09-01 at 14.33.59.webp

Rather go for him than a tosun or

This season with 5 subs, not having a top grade second striker is a strategic error. That’s before looking Dominic Calvert-Lewin injury record.
What on earth is “a top grade second striker”? Maupay is a mid-table PL striker who will serve perfectly well as backup/support.

If we had the chance to bring in someone who could likely challenge Dom for top spot I’m all for it, but spending time and cash on Just Another Body to appease a bunch of insufferable cryarse fans on deadline day isn’t it, for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back