Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Scoring goals is quite important. Who’s scoring more than 3/4 league goals in this squad.
DCL's goal return is quite good, if healthy. Maupay has three straight seasons of 8-10 in the Prem if he isn't. Gordon should better last season's goal return of 4 by a decent number, with two already in the books.

The key will be getting the team effort thing going again. If we start winning corners and set pieces, which an actual midfield should allow us to do, we then need to get nailed on again in terms of getting some production from places like the CBs. A lot of players chipped in 1-3 last season.

Is it? Maupay, Garner,Gana,Onana, Coady,Tarks and Dwight (anbd Patterson really) all in place of Richie.... Seems to me we are a lot stronger

It is the quantity over quality illusion. Richarlison scored and setup goals on a team that lacked goal scorers. They have not replaced his offense. And the guys they have added have not improved the defense enough to balance that out. So far they haven't scored 2 goals in a game. And they have no clean sheets. They need a legit scorer added today.

Everton are the only team I know that can pay 35m for a midfielder from a club, then later on send them a midfielder back. Surly this should of been part of the original deal. 30m plus Andre Gomes, we are such a backwards run club.

That's my gut feeling too however its been mentioned they want a "proven EPL" forward so maybe Batman if they won't sanction? We also keep being linked to wingers late deal for Kuddus or Chucky too?
Yeah I can see where you're going with that.. not sure we will be dealing with the Dutch today or Chucky either unfortunately

Yeah I can see where you're going with that.. not sure we will be dealing with the Dutch today or Chucky either unfortunately
The paper rumours the club posted this morning on the official website were Gana, Gueye and Chukwueze. Odds are there were good-faith negotiations planned, in the latter case.

Everton are the only team I know that can pay 35m for a midfielder from a club, then later on send them a midfielder back. Surly this should of been part of the original deal. 30m plus Andre Gomes, we are such a backwards run club.

….that can’t happen unless Gomes wanted a permanent move & by the sound of it, he’s happy to see his contract out. It’s very unlikely any club could match his wage demands.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back