Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve been guilty of thinking it myself, that it won’t be too bad if Calvert-Lewin stays fit. But he was a pale shadow when he did return last year, and can’t think this latest injury would have helped matters.

The striker problem the club has is a difficult one - I think they rate Simms (and they are correct to do that) and don't want to put a roadblock in his way for the next few seasons, so they've gone after players that could complement him / Dominic Calvert-Lewin instead.

I think it is the right decision in the long term, though it is risky this season if Dominic Calvert-Lewin has a lot of injuries.
Oh yeah it is, no club of our standings has 3 quality out and out CFs.

But that's the issue, we really don't want that, we want that wide forward who can add that bit of stardust. That's what we need to get us to be a team that really should be safely in mid-table. Look at Sinisterra the other day, he didn't do much, but one chance and he took it. Now he'll probably need time at Leeds, but we lack that real quality in the final third and that's not just down to a striker.

I'm glad we aren't gonna spend £20m on Ben Brereton Díaz, like.

Can someone remind me of deals in past deadline days that came out of nowhere in the final hours of the window? Was Fellaini? Enner Valencia?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back