Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with that but his work was so evident because of the clear lack of it almost everywhere else on the pitch. In my opinion we’ve almost replaced his goals with Maupay, however we’ve surpassed his work rate with additions all over the rest of the team. I think if you look at the profile of every single player we’ve brought in this window then you’ll find an incredibly hard worker every single time.
Bold choice of words. Remains to be seen.

Would’ve liked to see Broja on loan, or another young striker..

But I’m pretty happy with the window overall.

Maupay is a perfectly good striker for when DCL is out (back soon anyway), and Gordon has proven that he can do it up top too.

A massive positive for me is that we seem to have some funds left, and we didn’t panic buy the wrong player. I can see us spending well on a player in January.

Gueye, Onana, Iwobi is as exciting a midfield as we’ve had in ages too.

It would be madness so not play 4 at the back given our midfield strength now, but our first 11 are competitive and balanced.

BBD3D8C3-52A9-4038-BEBB-2EED152A9B86.webp

I think being harder to beat is often about worrying the opponent.

We don’t, so they can push up and dominate us.

Without Richy and Ali, we are actually more predictable and easier to play against.

Stop Gordon and you stop Everton, that’s the incredibly simple message for any manager that faces us now.

Would’ve liked to see Broja on loan, or another young striker..

But I’m pretty happy with the window overall.

Maupay is a perfectly good striker for when Dominic Calvert-Lewin is out (back soon anyway), and Gordon has proven that he can do it up top too.

A massive positive for me is that we seem to have some funds left, and we didn’t panic buy the wrong player. I can see us spending well on a player in January.

Gueye, Onana, Iwobi is as exciting a midfield as we’ve had in ages too.

It would be madness so not play 4 at the back given our midfield strength now, but our first 11 are competitive and balanced.

View attachment 181653
Rondon for a real forward, and no injured centre backs with Keane shown the door and that would have been a faultless window imo

We needed 2 forwards once Richarlison left
And we got two. Maupay and McNeil. I've no issue with Maupay, think he will be really good for us. McNeil on the other hand makes absolutely no sense. Even with DCL out McNeil now doesn't start, clear as day his confidence is on the floor..

I'd be amazed if he starts against the rs. Fully expect we go Maupay up top with Gordon and Gray on the flanks. McNeil doesn't make sense as a transfer especially given there was a pacey player available from the same club at around the same price, with a better return, who can cover both the wing and up top when required in Cornet. Think even with just that switch the squad would be looking better balanced.

We concede 1 goal, we struggle to win a match.

1 fkin goal and the best we can do is a draw.

We need DCL back, fit and firing and Maupay to hit the ground running, Gray and Gordon to get their beat stays ever and get through to Jan not sucked into a relegation battle.

If we had have kept last seasons squad with no signings, we would go down this season. Defence was bad enough but the midfield was dire. Defence is now better and the midfield looks excellen, lost Richy but have a few that can perhaps take on that role with good effect we should do ok.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back