Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
So if the PL were to adopt them to replace cost and sustainability - which is 99% likely, there would be no limit on transfer fees but a wage cap of 70% of income!

And @Neiler The key thing there is this though:

"Any club in breach of those rules will have to pay a luxury tax where 'the equivalent or more' of any overspend would go into a pot to be shared among other clubs."

So basically if you pay above the salary rate its more a financial punishment than a sporting one like bans/points deductions.

Marvelous just hope the PL follows suit.

LONG LIVE USMANOV!

Hard to judge our turnover at the moment, it was about 180 mill last year via Covid, however that was inflated by the once of USM naming rights deal. That said our commercial revenue did jump apart from this. In a fair wind and no Covid I think we’re looking at 190-200 mill a year in revenue. Assuming no Europe.

We’re operating at the moment with a 77% wage to turnover ratio, or at least we were in the last set of accounts.

I imagine that'll be for obscene breaks like Man City / PSG.

If Everton go over by a few % and aint in Europe every season I imagine it wouldn't massively effect us in fairness.

Its also good timing as next summer James, Delph, Siggurdsson and Kenny are out of contract with Benard/Bolasie/Besic/Walcott having gone this summer.

Throw in increased revenue from BMD and a naming rights deal our revenues should increase and wage bill decrease over the next 12-24 months which is why I keep saying we'll spend next summer.

This summer is all about boxing clever and avoiding any punishment from the current rules until said rules change.

@Neiler

Were just going off the wages and there will be other issues which will favour super league teams.

The beauty of the wage to wage to income is the stadium -- this should really improve and grow the revenue streams.

If @Neiler is right and we were operating at 77% with so much deadwood on huge wages then that looks very promising.

Also as @ForeverBlue92 says its good timing with the players we have coming out of contract as well.

The premier league needs to do something themselves as otherwise the league becomes uncompetitive.

Were just going off the wages and there will be other issues which will favour super league teams.

The beauty of the wage to wage to income is the stadium -- this should really improve and grow the revenue streams.

If @Neiler is right and we were operating at 77% with so much deadwood on huge wages then that looks very promising.

Also as @ForeverBlue92 says its good timing with the players we have coming out of contract as well.

The premier league needs to do something themselves as otherwise the league becomes uncompetitive.

@Neiler will PL change their version of FFP to the UEFA model do you think?

I think we’ve also had a ridiculously big squad over the last few years, we’ve loads of players on big wage and not contributing or out on loan every season.

Like you say we’re finally seeing these players leave or their contracts run down. Tosun will also be out of contract next summer.

I’d imagine we will look to have a smaller squad in the future, with youngsters bulking out the squad

Ive been saying about doing this for ages ;)

I imagine thats the sort of midfield we'll be looking for long term - pace, energy and power.

No doubt because none of them can ping hollywood balls around like James and Gomes you'll have people moaning about a lack of creativity when you dont need creativity if you can bulldoze teams aside.

@DanEFC92 im not sure Benitez had many goals from midfield when he was at Liverpool. Gerrard and Torres were the main two with a few goals spread around the rest of them.

Worked for Klopp as well.

Interesting were linked with Zakaria and Anguissa as well...

If were aiming for the attributes @ForeverBlue92 describes then only Gbamin and Doucoure seem to fit the bill and perhaps Allan with some bite.

Apologies if it has already been covered, but there are some, frankly, outrageous statements in the new Red Echo article . . .View attachment 135991View attachment 135992
We've needed a RB for 4 years. It was meant to be the no 1 position to sort this summer. We are going to get in a stop gap.

Benitez views Longstaff and McNeil as quality. Genuinely unbelievable.

McNeil is a good player.

With Kean i might understand it, he claerly doesnt want to be here so if he didnt put in an effort in training i would send him packing too. James clearly is more that Benitez doesnt rate him, but i would put him on the bench for sure unit a solution is found. But we don't know the finer details, maybe James has said if you dont want i dont want to risk injuries

Oh and if DCL is out, Iwobi will start mate :(
Yeah I think you’re right, I don’t like Kean as how he ones across. But depending on who’s available we could even see Broadhead on the bench…

Yeah I’m braced for it lol

If you had said a year ago that would happen, there would have been an outcry amongst the fan base. Our expectations have been lowered that much, that some fans seem to expect this. As a West Ham pal said to me if you sign enough bang average footballers, that’s exactly the team you’ll end up with. He said I should know the hammers have done it for years. Benetiz must think he’s still at Newcastle with our recruitment this summer.

Just bizarre to me that so many people were happy with these signings, saying they were ‘no risk’.
Like the risk of having a full squad of utter mediocrity hadn’t dawned on them.

I thought it was interesting that Benitez said we have to wait until the end of the transfer window, I’m assuming he means it depends on who goes.

Probably. I don’t know what’s gone on obviously but I’m not a big fan of last day deals, we seem to do that a lot over the years. I wonder why.....

I thought it was interesting that Benitez said we have to wait until the end of the transfer window, I’m assuming he means it depends on who goes.

….i think he was answering a question about player unrest & he said he preferred it to be shut now but players will know where they stand at the end of August.

Not very assuring. It’s all very downcast, seemed increasingly miffed at the repeated questions about Rodriguez.

Good question and I wouldn’t know the answer. But I suppose the premier league would not want their darlings, not being able to compete at the highest level, across the European competitions. So I think they would want a similar level playing field.

The only worry for me would be the PL keeping things as they are which would effectively snooker the other 14 clubs who would need to adhere to two totally different sets of restrictions - one on spend (PL) and the other on wages should they qualify for europe (UEFA).

@Neiler will PL change their version of FFP to the UEFA model do you think?
I believe La Liga are also following the wages rule...70% for Barca off the top of my head.

@Neiler When you looked at the FFP stuff a week or so ago, did you work out how we would look next summer if we had zero net spend this year + our revenue and P/L were similar?

I think as we would lose the first of the three years were using now then we should be far better off?

Just bizarre to me that so many people were happy with these signings, saying they were ‘no risk’.
Like the risk of having a full squad of utter mediocrity hadn’t dawned on them.

Yes, bizarre and people forget that Townsend and Gray are on 2 and 3 year deals. That means wages in addition to sign on fees and agent fees.

Lets hope that Iwobi, Gomes and Delph are three of the players out.

In an ideal world, those three with Keane and Kenny along with Tosun would really make for a good sweep of the broom.

McNeil is a decent player but he strikes me as a 7/10 player with no prospect of ever being a 9/10.
He hasn’t improved significantly since he started getting first team football and there is nothing in his skill set that suggests that will change much.

Would be a decent but underwhelming signing for me - I think we need more of a goal threat.

McNeil IS quality. I don't get why everyone is hating on Dwight McNeil all of a sudden.

There is an element of risk attached to signing him as he is only 21 but the lad has loads of talent and one of the better youngsters coming through.
i dont think anyone is hating him on here. It is just McNeill is not the playmaker / goalscoring attacking mid that we need with James set to be shipped out and we relied too much on Richarlison/DCL for goals last season.

….i think he was answering a question about player unrest & he said he preferred it to be shut now but players will know where they stand at the end of August.

Not very assuring. It’s all very downcast, seemed increasingly miffed at the repeated questions about Rodriguez.

If he preferred it to be shut now while we have no new right back, nor starting right wingerand 3 ropey signings then its a major concern.

Coleman and Townsend down the right is mind blowing.

I think we’ve also had a ridiculously big squad over the last few years, we’ve loads of players on big wage and not contributing or out on loan every season.

Like you say we’re finally seeing these players leave or their contracts run down. Tosun will also be out of contract next summer.

I’d imagine we will look to have a smaller squad in the future, with youngsters bulking out the squad
The problem isn't the size of the squad it's having to have a squad deep enough for Europe every few years then not qualifying in other years.

Leaves us with players and an oversized wage bill the years we don't make it.

We either need to never qualify and cut the squad (Bulbous Benny will see to that) or get into Europe every year to go with the size of the Squad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back